Chapter 16: Old Friends?

Iris's P.O.V.

     I woke up to see that Anna was lying with her hands and head on my chest. I smiled and tried to get up without waking her, but I failed. "Iris?" She said as I stood up and grabbed a couple granola bars from my backpack. I guess she didn't realize she was lying on me, but I didn't mind her doing so. She stood up and attempted to fix her hair with the arm that wasn't in the sling, but she failed. "Do you care to put my hair in a ponytail for me?" Anna asked holding the ponytail and puffing out her lips. I took the ponytail from her hand, and we laughed as I put her hair up awkwardly. As I finished putting her hair into a ponytail, she looked into the broken mirror at herself. She didn't stop looking at herself until I said, "Anna, are you okay?" she looked at me through the mirror and sighed. "Yeah, it's just that I can't believe I've made it this far without dying. But I don't get why we have to lose the people we are closest to." She stood up and unzipped her backpack to get a water bottle. "Yeah, I don't get it either Anna, but everything happens for a reason." I said as she smiled lightly and hugged me. "If we are going back to the farm, I say we go now since it's morning." I said as she pulled out of our hug and nodded. We got our stuff together and left through the backdoor.

    We walked for almost 2 hours until we heard a car in the distance. We walked to the edge of the road and stood behind bushes as the car passed us. "It's going in the same direction as the farm is. That's weird, that car doesn't look like one of the ones from the farm." Anna said as we started to run after the car. Her shoulder was almost done healing from her bullet hole, but I wouldn't have expected her to run with me. She was a tough girl, and I liked that about her. "Look! There it is!" Anna said as we both followed the car down a different road.
About 15 minutes later the car went down the road that the farm was on. We still followed the car, not taking any breaks for food or water. The car pulled up to the farm and 3 people got out. We walked over to the people, and I realized who it was. An old friend....