Chapter 6: Another Day Another Dawn

Once Mackenzie passed into the house and her and Brad decided their argument was silly, I made my way to Enid's house. As I was walking, I heard loud moans and a vehicle getting louder and louder. What is that? I thought to myself until I saw people rushing to the gate to open it. I ran over as fast as I could to people shooting walkers as a truck pulled in. Mark is back! I screamed in my head as the truck came to a stop in the road. The people got out as others quickly closed the gate, walkers came crashing into the now closed gate. I looked around for Mark and when my eyes spotted him, I ran over and jumped into his arms. I wrapped my legs around his waist as he supported me by holding my thighs. "You made it back!" I whispered into his ear as I started to bawl. "Why wouldn't I be back? I almost gave up until I thought about you. You are the reason I kept trying. Anna, I love you." My heart was pounding out of my chest in the best way. The man I'm falling for is safe and home in my arms again, AND he loves me back! "Mark, I love you, too." I said smiling as he pulled back from our hug and kissed me passionately.
After we kissed, and I stopped hugging and greeting everyone else, I saw Jessie look at Rick and run over to him crying, too. After everyone was greeted and the supplies were taken to the storage area, Mark and I made our way back to our house.
Once we walked inside the house, I showed Mark what I've changed, and I took him to the master bedroom where I showed him everything. "Go on a shopping spree?" He asked jokingly as I walked over to the bed and jumped onto it. He followed and kissed my forehead as we cuddled. Man, he is so warm, I thought to myself. I didn't realize I was blushing heavily while doing so. "Hey Mark?" I leaned my head up to look at him. "Yes Anna?" He replied looking at me in the eyes. "Please don't leave me again. I thought you were gone." A tear streamed down my face as I put my head into his chest. As he realized I was trying not to look at him, he lifted up my chin to make me look into his brown eyes. "Anna, I love you and I'd never leave you on purpose." A tear streamed from his eye. "You are all I have left." Mark said as he kissed me one last time before he got up from the bed. "Where are you going?" I asked as he walked out of the bedroom and down the stairs as I followed. "Just making us a snack babe, no need to freak out." I sighed and replied with "No let me do it since you've been working your butt off to give the people in Alexandria supplies to survive." I grabbed tomatoes from the fridge, bread from the pantry, and sandwich meat. Mark sighed and mumbled "Stubborn as an ass." As he shook his head. I looked over at him and stuck out my tongue as he rolled his eyes. I started to cut the tomatoes and put salt on them. I got the bread out of the bag and started to put meat on the bread, trying to place the round meat slices in the shape of a heart together. When I put the salted tomatoes on the sandwich and the bread on top, Mark came and hugged me from behind. He started to kiss my neck until I quickly turned around and pecked his lips. I could tell he wanted more, but I had to tease him. I handed him his sandwich as we walked over to sit down at the table. "I know you love me, but why'd you have to tease me like that?" He said as we sat down. "To be honest," I said as he looked at me with eyebrows raised. "It's fun to." I said as he took a big bite out of his sandwich. "Sooner or later, you'll get your revenge!" he said as I laughed. "Oh, is big Markimoo going to get me?" I said puffing out my lip with my right brow raised. "Yes, he is, and you should be ready for it!" He said as he finished up his sandwich. I looked at his sandwich crumbs and I looked at my half-eaten sandwich and laughed. "What?" He asked as he went to wash his plate off. "Nothing babe." I said smiling as I finally finished my sandwich. The sun was already setting, and I decided to go up to bed. "Are you sure you want to go to bed now?" Mark asked. "Yeah, I'm tired." I replied yawning as he looked in disbelief. "I'll be up there in a few Anna." "Okay" I said as I slowly walked up the stairs. Once I got to the bedroom, I decided to tease Mark a little more. I put on his lucky flannel, which went all the way to my mid-thighs. I put on some short shorts that were black and I put my hair in a messy ponytail. I rolled down the comforter and laid down. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, so I got up and acted like I was fixing my pillow. Mark went straight to the closet to change, and I came up behind him. I hugged his warm body as he said, "Are you wearing my flannel?" "Turn around and see for yourself Mark." I said trying to sound sexy but I kind of failed because he snickered. He turned around and picks me up and throws me on the bed and I gasp from surprise. He pecks me on the lips and says, "Nice try Anna, but I saw it coming." "Goddamnit it I thought I had you!" I said pouting as I crossed my arms. "Nope sweetheart, it is I who had you." I got under the covers as he went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. I'll have to try harder to get him to give in, I thought, but I'll do that some other time. I was almost asleep until Mark climbed into the bed and put his arm around my stomach to pull me closer. I turned towards him as he kissed me and said, "Goodnight Anna, I love you." "I love you too Mark." And before I knew it, I was sound asleep in his arms.