Chapter 21: Love Like This

Time skip-3 months

  "ANNA" Iris yelled as my eyes slowly opened. "Wha-" "Anna we don't have much time hurry!" Iris said as she stopped shaking me to wake me up. I quickly sprang out of the bed and followed her down my stairs into the kitchen. "Iris, what's going on?!" I yelled as she jumped onto the couch and laughed. She kept giggling until she looked at the anger growing on my face. "Iris!" "Okay okay, nothing's wrong buttttt," she said as she motioned for me to come over to the couch. I sat down with a sigh as Iris grabbed my hands. "I've been thinking, we haven't been together long but, you've made me the happiest woman ever. I have no clue what I'd do if I didn't meet you at the farm that day. You mean the world to me, and that's why I have to ask you this," I tried to prepare myself for what she was about to say. "Anna," she pulled a tiny box out of her pocket and got down on one knee. "Will you make me the happiest woman ever, and be my wife?" My heart felt like it exploded as these last words spilled happily from her mouth. "M-Marry you?" I said my face freezing up as hers had changed to a worried look. "Yes, if you um, wish to. I realize this might not be the be-" I stopped her mid-sentence and pulled her into a deep kiss. "Of course, silly goose! I'd love you be your wife!!" I screamed as she took the gemstone ring out of the black box. She slid it onto my fourth finger and kissed me again. "Now tell me something," I said as I pulled out of the kiss to look her in the eyes. "Where did you get this fancy-smancy ring? Because it looks awfully nice!" I said with a giggle admiring the gorgeous gemstones in the RING on MY finger. AHHHHHH I'm just so happy! "Remember that supply run I went on a couple weeks ago?" She asked with a smirk, and I nodded. "Well, Rick and I found a jewelry store, which was of course ransacked, but I was able to find a hidden safe and I found the combination, thanks to my awesome skills," she said as she giggled and winked. "It had some random things, but I found necklaces, rings, and money. Rick nodded as I pulled one of the rings out and smiled, grabbing a box too. I kept this a secret from you because I wanted to wait for the right moment, and I felt like this would be great to wake up to." She did one of those 'happy but unsure' faces as I laughed and looked at my hand again. "Well, you picked out the perfect one my love." I said standing up and jumping into her arms. "I love you Iris, please don't ever leave me." I said snuggling my head into her shoulder. "Anna, I'll stay as long as you want me to." We kissed as we made our way into the bedroom, closing the door behind us. 

•Just keep loving me, and I'll keep loving you. And the rest will fall into place•