Hymn for the Missing

"Sir, we have a situation!" Apollo's Step-Mother ran to Apollo's father, the head.

"Let's see, Apollo's little replacement feather still doesn't exactly know I'm the head and Apollo's father, hates me, and my own son has started a resistance against me, taking Will with him. And Karman has a new feather. I think we already have more than a situation." Apollo's father leaned back on the luxurious couch that had to have cost more than a year's rent of a decent apartment in the center of a city.

Apollo's step-mother shook her head, "no, it's far worse than that--"

"What could possibly be worse than that in this time of crisis?"

"There are reports, the fourth sun has emerged and it has one single target."

"Who is it this time? I'm sure Apollo and his resistance--"

"It's focusing Lenneth, his feather. Lenneth is with the Princess of Vampries and the Vampire we got to guard here. We just lost all three because we can't mobilize or contact anyone to mobilize fast enough unless--"

Apollo's father shrugged, "his loss for not watching his feather."

"We need Lenneth sir!"

"Nah, she doesn't know her own powers. Not trained. She's probably already gone."

"She's our only hope at winning this and you're ready to hand her over without even an attempt to save her?" Apollo's step-mother was deeply concerned now.

"Well you're right about that, she does need saving, and you better help her now!"

Apollo's father looked past his new wife, and his wife turned around. Destiney was standing there covered in blood with her clothes torn. Her hair was nothing less than a disaster, "You don't want to know what went down, but you have to help me help her!" Destiney had Lenneth's right arm around her neck while she held her body next to her. She had dragged Lenneth out of battle. Lenneth was unconscious now, and she was far worse off than Destiney was.

"How--"

"She used whatever this is to magnify her powers then create a huge explosion of light and such. Zach is finding Apollo she was drawing from his powers."

Apollo's father stood up swiftly, "She was what?"

"Drawing from his powers, your royal highness I have brought the prince like you said. He's just as weak. The other feathers and handlers are coming." Zach entered carrying Apollo--the only one of the four that didn't walk off a battlefield or at least look the part--the same way Destiney carried in Lenneth.

"Lenneth! Apollo! We came as fast as we could!" Nuwa, Yumeo, Lilac, Karman, Will, and Tristinee all entered the room swiftly in response to the situation.

"Oh my gosh..." Tristinee stated as she looked at the mess her best friend made of herself.

"Yumeo stop the time, let's take them both to the Temple of the Fallen for healing." Nuwa barked orders. Yumeo stopped the time as the six of them helped grab Apollo while Destiney held Lenneth.

When they attempted to head out of the room, Destiney quickly stopped them, "They're both going to be okay, right?"

Nuwa nodded, "they'll live. Trust me on that. Take care of yourself now, you need to be in your best condition princess. We'll take care of Lenneth. Come back once you're a bit cleaner and the initial shock of it all wears off. Don't worry, we'll take great care of her. You already did the best  thing you could do and the most important. You brought her to us. You took her out of danger and brought her to where she could be saved. You saved her."