I think you should ask him yourself

Arthur and the knights went storming down the passage ways until they reached Gaius' chambers. Just before Percival knocked on the door Arthur turned to the group.

"What if it's Merlin in here and not Gaius?"

"Don't worry," Leon said, "We already checked here for Merlin. No luck. Just Gaius eating his tea."

They knock on the door and a muffled "come in" is heard from inside. Walking they see Gaius staring at an empty seat on the opposite side of the table.

"Sire, is there somthing I can help you with? I trust no one has fallen ill." Gaius' calm voice broke the silence reminding Arthur that, without Merlin, Gaius would be lonely.

"It's about Merlin." Leon mutters.

"Ahhhh. What about him?"

"You says he spends most of his free time down the tavern?"

"Yes Sire."

"And yet, Gwaine is there most nights" there's slight protesting from Gwaine but its ignored. "and says that he isn't. He also says that when he asks Merlin he says that he's collecting herbs for you. We were just wondering about that?" Arthur's voice remains calm for most of his spiel but in the last sentence his voice deepens to be midly threatening.

"Arthur," Leon gently says. "Calm down."

"I'm fine Leon." Arthur says gritting his teeth.

"Yeah, and I'm a fluffy, rainbow unicorn!" Elyan says sarcastically.

"We've gone off track now. Where does Merlin go?"

"Where ever he needs to be on that particular day."

"Where does he need to be today?"

"I'm not sure I'm supposed to tell you that."

"WHERE DOES HE NEED TO BE TODAY?" Arthur's now at full volume, making Gaius shrike back.

"ARTHUR! Cool it!"Percival says sternly.

" I think you should ask him yourself."

"Please tell me. I want to help." There's a stagnant silence and all the knights look between each other. They realise that they're getting a rare view into how much Arthur cares about Merlin. "Please. He's my best friend."

Gaius' face seems to melt into a small smile as he says two words.

"The lake."

_______________________________________________________________________

Hey,
Aren't I a good writer.
Look.
Lots of updates!!!
Yaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!!
Eat (::) (::) my wonderful Smurfettes and Smurfs.

Word count 364