Are You Sure This Is The Right Merlin?

The knights and spirits were greeted by screams of agony coming from a small hut on the outskirts of a small village, surrounded by trees and fields.

"Isn't this where Merlin grew up? Ealdor?" Arthur asked looking at Will for confirmation.

"Well the prat remembers something. Give him a gold medal." He replied sarcastically.

"Are we going to go and meet Merlin, or not?" Balinor asked, seeming rather impatient, as if this was somthing he wanted to see as well.

"Why are you so desparate to see him? You only knew each other for a few days?" Arthur says, a strange look crossing his face, it was almost protective.

"I don't have to explain my actions. Especially not to you." Balinor stated, staring angrily into Arthur's eyes, not breaking contact until Gwaine spoke, glancing over his shoulder as he walked away.

"If you and the Princess are just going stare at each other all night we'll go on without either."

Balinor looked towards the hut and soon both Arthur and himself were standing by the others, waiting outside the wall.

"Well," Lancelot said. "How do you suppose we get in?"

Freya tore her eyes away from the brick and smirked slightly at the knights. "We go through the walls of course!" And with that she simply slides into the huts interior as if going trough a door. The knight stood with their mouths agape, waiting for Freya to appear behind them and say it was all a joke. They stayed like that for several minutes until Freya's head poked out of a brick, her body not attached. This lead to Gwaine squealing, and jumping back into Percival's arms, eyes wide with shock.

"Are you not coming in?" Freya asked, giggling at the ridiculous, shocked faces of the group. After a few seconds of moving his mouth up and down like a fish, gasping for air, Arthur manages to form a coherent sentence.

"Yes," he said quickly. "We'll be in right away." Freya frowned and pulled her head out of the brick, turning to face the little baby that had just been born. Knowing that the knights and spirits were now behind her she spoke again.

"He's so cute, isn't he?" The adoration was clear in her voice, and the rest of the party couldn't help to agree. Merlin was, in actual fact, a very cute baby. Very small, but very cute.

Hunith voice broke the silence. "Hello, baby, you're all I have left now to remind me of your father," she seemed to pause, her voice slightly breaking. Freya turned to look at Balinor, only to see his eyes filling with tears, one gently spilling over the rim. "You have such bright, big blue eyes. Like you can see the entire world. Like you fly the skies as if you were a bird. A Merlin. Merlin. That fits, my little Merlin." A small smile spread on Hunith's face. She placed the baby gently in the crook of her arm.

She wandered around the room, rocking the baby in her arm, dancing along to an unknown tune in her mind. Spinning and twirling and swaying, a smile held upon her lips as Merlin looked up in awe. Then it happened. It happened so fast that everyone had to replay the image I their heads. In one spin, Hunith's free arm spun out, knocking a jug off the table, and before anyone could react, Merlin's eyes turned gold and the jug returned to its original spot. All in the blink of an eye.

Hunith stared down in shock at the now giggling baby. Her mouth agape. The spirits all seemed at ease, as if they knew this was to happen. But the knights were on the verge of complete and utter bewilderment, their eyes wide, mouths hung and brains frazzled at the very thought of Merlin having magic.

"Merlin..." Hunith's voice was filled with remorse and regret that didn't seem to have the place in what was supposed to be a joyful scene. "My baby! My poor baby! Why did it have to be you? Did the triple goddess have to be so cruel as to give you this fate? You would have been better off me never getting your father and you never being conceived if you are to have this fate." The tears on Hunith's face start to drip onto Merlin's smile. "I do not like to give this fate to you, but I shan't take it away. You know though, my sweet angel, no matter what happens, no matter what you're told, I will always love you. For every day that I live there will be someone to love you." The last part is almost a whisper, barely heard, and as the last word fades the world darkens as they spin into another memory.

_______________________________________________________________________

Hey my beautiful butterflies,
I hope you're all okay.
Thankyou so much for the words of encouragement. They helped me to finish this chapter.
I'm doing alright. A couple of my friends gave me a slap round the head followed by a cuddle, so, you know.
Hope to see y'all soon.
Though I can't guarantee anything.
Bye.

Word count: 866