Chapter 1

"Kellin! Pay attention!"

I shook my head lightly, snapping out of my day dream and focusing back on what the teacher was saying. It's not like I cared, I had passed this semester with flying colours, so I had no need to pay any attention now.

Tomorrow was the last day of school before summer break, and to say there was a sense of urgency with everyone was an understatement. People were constantly checking the time, waiting for it to be one less day until we were free.

Katelyn turned round from her seat at the front and smiled, shaking her head before turning back to the front. See, unlike other people, Katelyn and I were spending the first three days of summer at Warped Tour with our friend Justin.

The location for his years Warped was only a twenty minute bus ride from Katelyn's house, and they were staying in the first location for the first three days. All of which we would be attending.

I think out of all three of us, I was the most excited. Justin had been to Warped a few years ago, and Katelyn wasn't as bothered when it came to concerts. I on the other hand was ready to have the time of my life. Pierce The Veil were headlining this year, and they are my all time favourite band.

Kate and Justin were sick of me constantly going on and on about how much I loved them, and how I had never seen them live before and how I was dying to. When I heard out they were headlining Warped, and the date in our state was within walking distance. I hadn't shut up about it. I couldn't go though, my parents couldn't afford it, since they had booked a family vacation for all of summer - which I was not invited to.

I was going to be staying at Katelyn's for the whole of summer. But last week, Justin and Kate got me the best present ever. Tickets to Warped!! I was literally over the moon and I haven't stopped thanking them since. Justin said he got them for me to shut me up, but apparently it did the exact opposite. I didn't care though, I was going to see my favourite band soon!

The morning dragged on, so when lunch finally rolled around, we were all very happy. I ran onto the field, going over to the picnic table under some trees where everyone was sitting. I loved having lunch outside, especially in the summer.

Alex was complaining about how hot he was, so Rian threw a bottle of water over him just as I sat down. Alex shrieked as the rest of us laughed, Jack simply chuckled before stealing one of his crisps. Alex groaned as Gerard patted my shoulder.

"Justin tells me your going Warped?" I smiled and nodded.

"Be careful Kells, if anyone tries to hook up with you, run" I chuckled as he smiled.

"But seriously, unless it's that Fuentes dude your always going on about" I blushed, looking down at my lap.

"Like he'd ever like me Gee" he pouted before ruffling my hair and tuning back into the conversation. I don't know why Gerard would think I would even try to hook up with Vic, I mean, I'd love to, but we have such different lives. Even if it actually happened, it wouldn't. I don't even know why I was thinking about it. He's Vic fucking Fuentes for fucks sake. And I'm still in high school, I didn't have a chance in hell.

I felt someone kick my leg, looking up to see Katelyn nodding behind her. I looked and saw Oliver walking this way. I smiled lightly. Everyone knows I have a bit of a thing for him, although I've never held a conversation with him. He smiled at me as he held his hand out.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I blushed and nodded, taking his hand and following him before he stopped and turned to me.

"I hear your going Warped?" I smiled and nodding, a blush still very permanent on my face. He squeezed my hand as he smiled.

"I'm going on the third day, I'd love to hang out with you?" I grinned, nodding straight away.

"I'd love that Oli" he smiled before his friends called for him. He sighed before leaning in and kissing my cheek. I breathed in sharply, getting butterflies as he pulled away. He smiled at me as I blushed, returning the smile. He said goodbye before walking away, dropping my hand gently. Now Oli was someone I was sure I had a chance with, maybe that's part of the reason I like him. I walked back to everyone, Katelyn grinning at me.

"What did he say?" My cheeks were still red but it was fading.

"He's going to the third day of Warped and wants me to hang out with him then" she grinned, winking at me as my blush returned. I hated it when she teased me about boys, it was a very sensitive topic for me. I don't even know why, I guess because I've only ever had a handful of boyfriends, less than half of those being serious relationships.

I smiled as the talking fired up again, everyone talking about their plans for summer break. Most were just to get completely shit-faced and throw/attend as many party's as possible. The usual. I caught up on all the gossip, Alex telling me all about who was hooking up with who, not that I wanted to know about that one. He gasped, looking around before lowering his voice.

"You know Austin?"

"You mean Carlile?" He nodded, Austin was the captain of the football team, typical. But he is a good guy.

"Apparently, he's planning on hooking up with that ginger kid" everyone raised their eyebrows.

"Who?" He smirked.

"Alan" everyone stayed quiet for a moment.

"You mean he's gay?" He shrugged.

"It's a rumour, but it wouldn't really surprise me" I nodded, agreeing with that.

"If he's gay, he's mine" we all laughed as Alex rolled his eyes at Jack.

At the end of the day, Katelyn and I walked to the bus stop together, getting our bus. We laughed and chatted until she had to get off, leaving me alone for another twenty minutes. I smiled as the bus pulled away from the curb. I was going to Warped soon, better yet, I was going with my best friends and I'll even get to hang out with Oli, which was definitely a bonus.

I got off once the bus pulled up outside my house. I unlocked the door, putting my bag down and taking off my shoes. Mum was cooking dinner while dad was cleaning his dvd collection. I chuckled, walking past him and into the kitchen.

"See a speck of dust again, hey dad?" He laughed as he continued cleaning.