Chapter Eleven

Forgotten

Chapter Eleven

"Charlie."

"Oh God, Charlie? Is he okay? What happened?" Bella rattled off question after question to Mrs. Stevens.

"I don’t know sweetie, they said that he had an accident but that's about it. Your mother's with him right now, you should call her."

"No, no. I need to go there. I need to be with them."

Edward pulled her close and Bella buried her face in his chest trying to calm herself.

"Come on, sweetheart, let's go."

Bella looked up at him, "You don't have to come, and you must be tired…"

"I'm coming Bella." He cut her off and she didn't argue further.

As soon as she reached the hospital, Bella ran inside and asked the receptionist for Charlie Swan's room. She headed to it straight away with Edward following right behind her. When they reached the room they were met by a nurse who said that they had to wait outside for a few minutes because Charlie was being examined by the doctor and Renee was with him.

"But is he okay?" Bella asked the nurse urgently.

"From what I could tell, your father was very lucky. His injuries seem pretty minor. A few cuts and bruises, that's all.

Bella heaved a sigh of relief, "Thank you." She said before the nurse left them to wait together in the waiting room.

Bella sat down heavily on one of the chairs while Edward took the one right next to her. They were quiet for a while until Edward heard sniffling coming from Bella's direction. She was crying.

"Bella? What is it? Are you still worried about your father? You heard the nurse, he's going to be just fine." He pulled her into his arms and ran his hand up and down her back.

"I know, it's just…I-I d-don't remember him…If he was seriously injured, if h-he had died, then that would've been it. That would be all I remember about him."

"Bella, I thought we talked about this. You're going to get your memory back. You just need a little more time."

"Well, what if I don't have time?"

"What do you mean?" Edward questioned her.

"You've seen what happened Edward. Dad was just in an accident. What if something happens to me? Or to you? What then?"

"Bella, you're worrying to much about nothing. Nothing's going to happen to me and most importantly nothing's going to happen to you, not if I can help it."