Chapter Twenty Three

Forgotten

Chapter Twenty Three

Bella didn’t know what to do. It was like all of a sudden she was doused with a bucket of cold water waking her up from a beautiful dream. Edward had been cooped up in his study for the past two hours stewing over what had happened between him and his father.

Bella wanted to talk to him, to calm him down, but frankly she had no idea what to say. All the memories she had of Edward’s past life had been gathered from what she had been told after the accident either by Carlisle or Edward himself.

Bella stood up from her chair next to the window where she’d been sitting. She decided to try and talk to him anyway.

She walked to his study, knocked the door and opened it slowly.

“Edward?” She called out slowly. It was very dark inside that she couldn’t even see if he was there or not.

“I don’t feel like talking now Bella. Go to sleep. I’ll see you in the morning.” He snapped. Bella finally spotted him sitting behind his desk with his head in his hands.

Her heart broke at the sight of him. She took a cautionary step inside and walked to his desk.

“Edward, I really think we should talk about what happened. Maybe you’ll feel better when…”

She was cut off abruptly, “Not now Bella. Didn’t you hear what I just said?” Edward shouted. Bella took a startled step back.

“I was just trying to…”

He cut her off again, “Trying to what? Soothe away all my worries? Well, guess what? It’s not going to work. All you do is add to my worries.”

Bella felt tears prick her eyes, “I’m sorry.” She whispered, then she turned and fled the study.

She ran up the stairs trying to get to her room before she broke down and cried her heart out.

How could he say that? She knew that things were not easy lately, but she really thought they were getting better. She even believed they were falling in love all over again.

How wrong she was.

“Bella! Bella, wait!” She heard Edward’s voice yell behind her.

She looked back to see him standing at the foot of the stairs staring longingly at her.

That was a big mistake to make while running up the long flight of stairs. Unfortunately Bella only figured that out as she slipped before reaching the last step and tumbled down the stairs.

“Bella!” Edward’s anguished scream was the last thing she heard before her world turned black.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

“Bella!” Edward’s blood ran cold as he watched his wife tumble down the large staircase and onto the floor.

He ran to her side immediately, praying to God that she was alright. He knelt by her side. She was lying on the floor on her side, one leg on top of the other at an odd angle, her arms over her chest and her hair spread over her face.

Edward’s was so scared to move her in case there had been internal damage.

He just needed to know she was still…alive. His heart stuttered at the thought.

“Oh God, Bella. Baby, I’m so sorry. Please, don’t leave me baby. I love you.” He whispered over and over.

He checked her pulse and found that it was there but weak. He took out his phone and called 911 then his father, totally forgetting about their earlier fight.