Chapter Seventeen

Forgotten

Chapter Seventeen

"Hey, hey. What happened? Are you okay?" Edward asked, worried as Bella threw herself in his arms.

"I'm fine. I just missed you." Bella burrowed herself closer to her husband.

Edward chuckled, "If this is going to be your reaction every time, then I'll make sure to send you out with Jacob more often.

At the mention of Jacob, Bella shuddered.

Edward's body tensed immediately, "What did he do?"

"Nothing, Edward. Let's just get inside."

"What did he do, Bella?" Edward insisted.

Bella started telling him what happened and she could feel his muscles getting more tense with each word.

"That asshole! I swear the next time I see him, I'm going to smash his face to pieces." He said as soon as she was done.

Bella jerked back. She'd never seen Edward react like that before. Is that what a jealous husband sounded like? It was hot, she had to admit.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Edward asked, interrupting her thoughts.

"No reason. Well, except for the fact that my husband is very hot when he's angry."

Edward started smirking but then he scowled instead, "You're not distracting me with your flirting, woman."

Bella leaned up to kiss him, "Really? I'm not?"

"Well, maybe just a little." He admitted.

"You're insulting my flirting skills, husband. I'm hurt."

"Well, heaven forbid that I do that." And with that he scooped her up and carried her upstairs to their bedroom. Needless to say, all thoughts of Jacob were forgotten for the rest of the night.

Bella woke up the next morning to the smell of coffee and bacon. Mrs Stevens is an angel sent from heaven, she thought. She got out of bed as slowly as she could so as not to wake Edward and trudged downstairs as fast as she could. Her stomach was growling loudly. It's been more than twelve hours since she last ate.

"Hey, Mrs Stevens." Bella greeted the older woman.

"Good morning, Bella. How was your night?"

Bella immediately blushed at the thought of what she and Edward did the night before. Mrs Stevens smirked at Bella then went on with her work.

"Last night was…okay. Breakfast smells great. Can I help with anything?"

"No, you just sit yourself down. It'll be done in a minute." She protested.

Edward came down after a few minutes. He walked over to Bella, bent down and kissed her neck.

"Morning." He mumbled.

"Morning." She smiled. How adorable was he?

"You know, we really have to stop that annoying habit of yours."

Bella frowned, "What habit?"

"The habit of waking up and leaving me all alone every morning. I cannot tolerate that any longer."

Remember angry Edward? Yeah, caveman Edward is even sexier.

"I'll make sure never to do that again." Bella said.

"Good." Edward grinned.

They ate their breakfast while bantering back and forth, while Mrs. Stevens snickered in the background.

"I have to head to the office for a little while today, is that okay, sweetheart?"

"Sure, you didn't arrange for another babysitter though, have you?" Bella grimaced.

Edward chuckled, "Not today."

"Afterwards I was thinking we could go out for a bit." He went on.

"How about we stay here and I cook you dinner?"

"Sounds great. I'll go get ready. The sooner I leave the sooner I can get back to my lovely wife and her awesome cooking."

Bella blushed as usual. Edward kissed her cheek and then went to get ready.

Jacob was hanging out in his hotel room brooding and watching TV. He didn't have his own apartment due to his touring schedule that required that he travel all over the country. So hotels were his home and had been for the past two years. Jacob missed the sense of stability he had in his life before he got signed. He missed going back home and having someone there waiting for him. He missed Bella. The last time he had any sense of belonging in his life was when he was with her.

She meant the world to him and now is his opportunity to get her back.

A loud knock on his hotel room door interrupted Jacob's thoughts. He got up to answer it and as soon as he pulled it open he found himself thrown to the floor.

What the hell? He thought.

"That was for molesting my wife."

Edward. Great. Just great.

"So, Bella told you what happened, huh?"

"No, she didn't. But she talks in her sleep."

Jacob smirked evilly, "Yeah, I remember."

Edward punched him again. He had it coming.

"If you ever ever come near my wife again, I will end you. Do you understand?" Edward sneered.

"I'll talk to her whenever I want." Jacob challenged him.

"We'll see about that." Edward replied and the he turned around and left Jacob lying there on the floor with blood trickling down his face.

Well, that was such a great wake up call, Jacob thought sardonically. 

Edward did need to go to the office that morning; he just needed to take care of the Jacob situation first. He should've known better. The solution to getting his wife's memory back was not by letting her hang out with her ex-boyfriend and hopefully soon to be ex-best friend. He'd find another way. Any other way but that. He couldn't lose her; he'd just gotten her back for crying out loud.

Edward used the time he spent at work to clear his mind of all thoughts of Jacob. He had a beautiful wife to get back to and she was probably preparing their dinner at that very moment.

He wrapped up his business as soon as he could and then headed home to Bella.

Home sweet home, indeed.

(A/N): Um, so what did you all think?? Who thinks angry over protective Edward is sexy as hell?? :D Please vote and comment ! :)  Oh and I'm thinking about entering this story in the Watty Awards contest, what do you guys think? :)