Chapter Twenty Two

Forgotten

Chapter Twenty Two

"Can I open my eyes now?" Bella asked for the hundredth time.

"Not yet, sweetheart," Edward answered.

"Well, when can I open them?"

"When we get there, Bella,"

"And where is there, exactly?"

"You're not going to trick me so save your breath." Edward chuckled.

Bella huffed in annoyance. How many times did she tell him that she hated surprises? But he always went to planned one, anyway. He told her, before, that he planned on taking her on a second honeymoon, but she assumed that they'd plan it together. Then, when the wedding day came and he hadn't said anything about it, she assumed that he forgot, or maybe re-considered. But the day after the wedding, she woke up to find that Edward had already packed their bags.

He told her to get some breakfast and then get ready because they had a long way ahead of them. What a way to wake up. She hated being rushed even more than she hated surprises, but Edward seemed so happy about the whole thing that she didn't want to disappoint him.

She was just so annoyed that he wouldn't tell her where they were going!

She huffed again.

"Bella, would you relax? You make it seem like I'm kidnapping you."

"You might be, for all I know." She muttered.

Edward simply laughed and continued driving.

A few minutes later he finally parked someplace that Bella would have been able to see had she not been told not to peek.

Edward got out and cam around to her side to let her out. He turned her a little bit to the right then stopped her with his hands on her shoulders.

"Okay, open your eyes." He whispered close to her ear.

Bella did and she was speechless. In front of her was and beautiful cottage with small windows and a small from yard spread out in front of it.

"Wow," Was all that Bella was capable of saying.

"Wait till you see the inside," Edward said.

He led her to the door, then bent down to grab a key that was under the doormat.

"Mrs Lock, the woman who takes care of this place, left food and drink and everything we'll need for the next few days, since there aren't any supermarkets around." Edward informed her as he opened the door and led her in.