Chapter 5

Urrgh. I think I need to call the police because the sun keeps creepin' in my window. I sat up and stared at my closet door. School...

The death trap of my youth.

I got out of bed and headed to my bathroom to go shower and get ready. After I showered and was doing my hair I suddenly smelt...eggs? No. Bacon? Nah. Neither of my brothers can cook only my mom an- Mom! I ran downstairs and poked my head in the kitchen to see my mom in front of the stove. "MOMMY!" I ran up to her and hugged her. "Moms!" She stopped cooking and turned to me to hug me properly. "I'm sorry my love. I got caught up at work." "I know, Carlos told me. Don't work yourself too hard Mom." She gave me a smile and a kiss on the cheek. "Hey hurry up and go finish getting ready. I'll take you today." I nodded and headed back upstairs.

Once I finished putting gel in my hair and started doing my make-up my phone went off. Jay!

Good morning cutie. Hope you have a great day at school and don't beat anyone up ;)

I could feel my cheeks heat up and couldn't help but smile.

I'll try not to lol you have a great day too

Last night we had a brief conversation on the phone but it helped calmed me down.

I groaned and laid back in my bed trying to calm down.

God!

Carlos is such an ass yet I get in trouble. I closed my eyes, tight. Hoping that I can fall asleep quickly.

Jay.

I shot up and dialed his number. I looked at the time, 7:32pm, it's not late. Hopefully he's- "Hello?" I smiled. "Hey it's me." "Hey. You home?" I groaned and rolled my eyes, "Unfortunately." He chuckled, "What's wrong with you? Miss me already?" I smirked to myself, cute. "Well I guess I miss you, but I don't think that's it." He huffed yet chuckled, "Well shit." I couldn't help my smile, just hearing his voice gets to me. "So what's the real problem Princess?" I raised an eyebrow, Princess? "Princess? Since when am I a princess?" "Since the minute I met you. You have this pretty princess vibe/look on you." "Is it a good or a bad thing?" He paused, he gon say it's bad probably. "It's good." I laughed, "Good." He laughed too. He has such a kiddy laugh. "Okay, it's time for you to stop avoiding my question and answer me Princess. What's wrong?" My smile quickly faded and it felt like I had eyes on me so I looked down.

"Nothing really. I just got into it with my brother Carlos and then my other brother David defended him." "Well what happened?" No one else besides my family and Elizabeth's family knows what happend, well of course Jenny knows too. "I can't really talk about it but maybe I was being a bit unfair." "You two should talk it out. You just got back, you don't want bad blood between you two already, right?" I sighed. "Yeah I guess." I hate that I admitted I was wrong. "Well listen Jay I gotta get ready for bed, I got school tomorrow. Unfortunately." He chuckled, "We'll talk tomorrow okay? Sweet dreams Princess." "Sweet dreams little boy." We both laughed and the hung up.

I finished getting ready and headed downstairs. Fuck. When I got to the table Carlos was already there eating. "Morning." I said very quietly, he gave me a head nod and went back to eating. I sat across from him and began to eat my food. "David Thomas! Come eat!" My mom's so loud. She sat in between Carlos and I but waited for David.