Chapter 7

It's been about 2 days since Jay has come and today is his last day. I figured one day of ditching wouldn't hurt so I'm going to fake being sick and when everyone leaves I'm going to head out. My body is naturally warm but I put the heater on last night and now I'm even more warm. I got up from my bed and walked over to my mom's room. When I walked in I saw that she was doing her hair, so I laid down on her bed. "What's wrong Mija?" Action! "My stomach hurts." She put the curler down and walked over to me, she put her hand on my head and quickly snatched it away. "Kaila you're burning up. You're not going to school. I'll have your brother make you an ice pack, go back to bed." I slowly got up and carefully walked over. Once I got back to bed I smiled to myself. Good job Kai. I can hear my mom talk to my to one of my brothers.

So far, so good.

Suddenly my door opened and in came David and as he walked in he closed the door. "Hey Sis, you okay?" I shook my head. "Mom says you got a fever and a stomach bug?" I nodded. He looked back at the door and came close to me and began to whisper, "Where are you trying to go Lil Brat?" I tried to control my reaction. "What do you mean?" He huffed and smirked. "I used to pull the same shit you're doing. Last night I walked passed your room and it was hot as hell. Plus you left your phone on the couch and I saw a text from a Jay? Asking what time are you two meeting. Nice try Kai." Shit. I sat up and looked at him. "Please David I'll explain everything to you if you don't tell Mom. I need to do this." "You don't need to do shit." he said with a stern voice but not too loud. Damn David. "But because I'm ditching work too I'll let you off this once." I smiled and hugged him. "Thank you Dave." He tossed the ice pack on my bed and got up to leave. "I'll tell you when Mom leaves, but if you want a head start I'd suggest you take a shower and if anyone asks say you're trying to help your fever go down." I nodded and did what he said.

David told my mom that he already had the day off which in reality he gonna go to San Diego with his friends. After Mom and Carlos left, David and I ate breakfast together. He wanted to know who Jay was so I had no other choice but to tell him. He isn't happy about any of it, espacially since he's older but he said he'll only let me go if he could meet him and we go with him. I agreed because he's letting me get away with murder right now. I texted Jay and told him the whole situation and he agreed to it too.

"He'll be here in 20." "Aight. We gotta come back early too so don't worry too much aight?" I nodded. "Hey Dave. Where would you go when you ditched?" He smirked to himself. "All over the place. I would go to Hollywood. I would go to San Diego, San Francisco, I went to Arizona one time. There was also one time when we accidentally ended up in Mexico." My jaw dropped. "David!" Him and I both laughed. "How did you end up in Mexico?" "We weren't deep in Mexico, we just ended up in Mexicali. And that was because Eddie missed a fucking exit on the freeway." I shook my head. "Damn and I thought Carlos was the demon child." "Yeah. Compared to me Carlos is the golden child." "But I mean you never got in trouble with the cops. Or did you?" He shook his head, "Nah. That was one thing I never did. Which I'm surprised because we got pulled over for speeding and we had 2 grams of weed in the back seat." I raised an eyebrow but when he looked at me he rolled his eyes. "Don't give me that look I'm sure you've done it too." I shook my head. "I've only drank and that was around you." He smirked to himself and then there was a knock on the door. I looked at David in fear, but he smiled and headed for the door.

"David be nice."

He huffed and opened the door. From my position I can't see Jay and I can only see the side view of David.

"Jay?"

"Day Day?"

Then I heard a type of noise they made and they hugged. They know each other? I quickly walked to the door and looked at the both of them. "You two? How do? Wait. How?" I pointed at them and tried to figure it out. They both chuckled. How did neither one of them put two and two together?