Chapter 8

Today is the day Jay leaves. I'm so sad but I'm glad he's going back and finally dealing with his problem. It's morning and I have school but luckily it's Friday and I told my mom I had a meeting to go to. She bought it so I have time to go with Jay to the airport. I was putting my make-up on when my phone went off. Baby!

"Hello?"

"Morning Gorgeous. Where are you?" "I'm at home getting ready. Where are you?" "Doing the same thing, well, I'm not home. I'm at my friend's but you know what I mean." I giggled. "Anyways my friend and I are going to pick you up in about 20 minutes. That's good right?" "Yeah that's fine." "Okay cool and then we'll all go get something to eat and then head to the airport afterwards." "Alright. I'll see you." Then we hung up. I keep getting nervous just thinking about him and when we talk I feel like I'm going to say something stupid.

"Kaila~!" Then there was a knock on my door. "Come in!" Carlos poked his head in and then his body followed. "Hey I'm gonna get going. You need a ride?" I shook my head. "No I got one. Have a good day." He came up and kissed my cheek and left. 

The only one who knew I was ditching again is David and he said he'll cover for me. A text from Jay came in and it said he was outside. I grabbed my bag and ran out the door. There was a navy blue car sitting in my drive way. I looked closely and saw Jay in the passenger seat, so ran up to it and got in the back seat. "Hey Honey." "Hi!" I said as I tried to get comfortable. I looked at the driver and couldn't believe at who I was looking at. He turned his and furrowed his eyebrows. "Kaila?" "Robby?" He's the twins' older cousin. We've met a few times at the twins' birthday parties or stuff like that. He also hangs out with Carlos. "Yo your girlfriend is Kaila Daniels? Carlos Daniels's baby sister?" He made a weird face and shook his head. His head then snapped towards us, "Wait! That means yesterday you met David! Oh shit bruh! How'd you manage to pull that shit off?" "David and I go back a little. Dude how does everyone know you?" Jay said as he looked at me. I shrugged my shoulders and sat back and sank in the seat. Dear Lord, just kill me already.

On the drive to the airport, Rob couldn't shut up about Jay and I dating. But my concern is how did Carlos not find out? Carlos usually goes to Rob's all the time, and if Jay's been staying with Rob this whole time, how did none of this get out already? I'm so scared. I knew this was going to blow up in my face. 

"Kaila!"

I jumped up and looked to the front. Jay was staring at me with an annoyed face. "Are you hungry or not?" Who the fuck does he think he's talking to? "I'm fine." I say with so much sass. I'm just as mad as he his but no need to take it out on each other. "Well Rob and I haven't ate yet so if you don't mind..." "That's. Fine." I sat back and crossed my arms. What is he being a jerk for? 

We stopped at a Mexican resturant because that's what Baby Boy loves. Rob and Jay sat together on one side of the booth and I sat on the other side. When Rob went to the bathroom I stared at Jay as he stared at the floor. "Babe." No reply. "Jay." No reply. "Jaebeom!" He looked up at me in annoyance. "What?" Cool it Kai, cool it. "What's wrong? If this is about Rob...I-I-I'm sorry. I know that there are a lot of people who are close to you and that they're close to me or connected to me in some type of-" Then he leaned over the table and kissed me. Eee he's so cute! He sat back and had the annoyed face again. Why is he so hot? 

"Yes it is Rob. I hate how annoying he was being in the car. I get it. Your brother Carlos is crazy scary and crazy over protective of you. I don't mind that but I hate being reminded and I hate that so many people are finding out, but then again I don't because I like you a lot and you mean something to me. I guess my real problem is is that-if something goes wrong and people know about you, I don't want anything to happen to you."

Awww! I shyly smiled. I got up and sat next to him and linked arms with him. He rested his head on mine. "You don't have to worry about me at all Jay. If anything happens...I'll be fine. I just want you to go to Korea and make a decision and do what you think is best for you. Weather you stay or not, I'll be here waiting for you to come back." I felt my voice crack a little. Don't cry Kai, don't cry. He grabbed my cheek and kiss me again. This time it lasted longer.