Chapter 1

Sometimes things can be hard.

It can be hard having a little brother who's too energetic for his own good.

It can be hard when your mother leaves town for the weekend leaving you with 3, hyperactive, curious 9 year old boys.

It can be hard when you loose them while you're out for lunch.

Sometimes it's hard when it's nearly 7:30 at night, the suns going down and you still haven't found the 3 little worms who locked you in the public bathroom. 

"Connor!?" I yelled, trudging through the burnt grass, occasionally crunching beneath my feet.

The smell of smoke was becoming more distinct. I wasn't sure wether it was people smoking, or the houses through the other side of the trees. I just hoped it wasn't something dangerous.

"Ivan!?" I yelled, pulling some of my hair that had come loose from my ponytail out of my face.

I could feel myself become frustrated. Mom was going to kill me for letting Connor and his friends get away with something like that. I was already mentally planning my escape.

"Blake!?" I yelled once again coming to the edge of the forest.

I looked out into the clearing, I couldn't see anyone from where I was. I groaned and turned back around, making my way back into town.

I had walked about 30 feet before I heard yelling from back in the clearing where I just was. I quickly made my way back over to the edge of the forest to see 3 small figures running in my direction. I looked further up the hill to see 3 more figures, this time they were definitely larger, and all male.

As the smaller 3 figures got closer I realized that I knew who they were. I immediately ran forward, letting my anger take control of me.

"Connor James Harrison!" The three of them stopped running and looked at me.

"Sidnee?" Asked the small boy who I knew was my brother.

"Where on earth have you three been?" I asked walking closer to them. I took no notice of the other 3 boys who had stopped a few feet away and were staring at me.

Blake, one of Connor's friends, was about to reply but I cut him off before a breath could even leave his mouth.

"You lock me in a public toilet, run away, and I have to spend hours looking for you 3!" I yelled.

The three boys stared down at their feet looking ashamed, but I knew it was all an act.

"We're sorry Sidnee." Muttered Connor, who was nervously glancing behind him.

I looked up and saw the three boys. They were all looking at me, though the tall, mean looking one with the dark hair, looked angry and his eyes kept glancing from me to my brother and his friends.

I stepped towards the three boys, my brother and his friends now standing behind me. I glared them and folded my arms.

"And who are you?" I spat at them.

The taller, obviously older, one who was standing in the middle, smirked at me and stepped closer.

"Who do you want me to be?" He asked with a cocky look. I noticed the guy had a New York accent, and he had a ring on his finger, but I wasn't close enough to see the details on the the silver metal.

I rolled my eyes and looked over at the other 2 boys behind him.

"What about you guys, what are your names?" I asked them.

They looked at each other cautiously before looking back at me.

"Well, I'm Ponyboy Curtis, and this is Johnny Cade." Said the one with dark hair and pale skin. I smiled and nodded at them.