Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I couldn't say I was exactly overjoyed with the thought of sneaking out. I wasn't thinking about the fact that what would happen if my mom found out, it was more like what if something bad happens to us?

I've heard stories before, of girls going out late at night and then they would disappear. Sometimes they would turn up a few days later, badly bruised and broken with severe dehydration. But most of the time those girls were never seen again.

I'm hoping the saying 'safety in numbers' applies to us right now.

The 5 of us were all walking down the street towards town. Stella and Mary-Anne leading the way, with Kelly, Cammy and I trailing behind. I knew that Mary-Anne wanted to do more than go to the movies, and knowing her she'll probably end up dragging us all to some party afterwards.

We arrived at the cinema in 15 minutes and looked at what movies were playing.

"What do you think guys? Anything worth seeing?" Stella asked looking up at the sign that had 3 or 4 movies listed. All of which I had already seen.

"Well I know Sidnee and I have seen all of them and only one was good to watch, but I can't really be bothered seeing it again, how about we go to the drive in and just watch what's playing there?" Mary-Anne asked.

All four of us girls agreed and we turned around and walked back in the direction of the drive in.

When we arrived we payed the man so we could take a seat and Cammy and Kelly left to go and get us some drinks and popcorn.

"I can tell you this now, I am going to get extremely bored during this, these kind of stupid beach movies all have the same story line." Stella said sitting back and resting her feet on the seat in front of her.

I laughed at her reaction.

"So why'd you come then?" I asked her.

"Oh you know... Reasons." She smirked and turned to look back at the screen.

I rolled my eyed and turned away from her. Not interested in hearing her "reasons" for coming out tonight.

"Here you go guys." Cammy said. She handed everyone a box of popcorn as Kelly handed out the drinks. They then took their seats next to me.

The movie finished quicker than I expected it to. I never really understood it but either way it was fun to watch. As we were leaving, I felt someone nudge me in the side with their elbow. I turned to face a smirking Stella.

"Those guys over there were talking about you." She said, slightly nodding her head over to a group of about 4 guys.

They were all obviously rich Socs, although I had never seen them at school before. Maybe they were here for the weekend or something.

I made eye contact with one of the guys, he was blonde and wearing a blue shirt. I don't know what it was about him but I had an immediate disliking to the boy in blue and his friends. He sent a wink in my direction, I rolled my eyes in distaste and turned away from them.

"They seem like rich dunces." I spat. Stella just laughed in reply and we carried on walking.

As we reached the exit Mary-Anne stopped and turned to face us.

"I don't know about you four, but it seems really early to be going home, I say we go into town for a little, maybe crash a party or two?" She said with a sky smile.

Stella, being Stella, immediately agreed with Mary-Anne.

"What do you say little 3? How about we break some rules on Sid's first night of being 16?" Mary-Anne asked, looking around at the 3 of us yet to answer her question.