Chapter 15

Gif to the side ~~~>

Also if you notice any errors just point it out, I'm a little tired because I just completed an essay and I'm writing this at work! Sorry for the excessive amount of dialogue in the chapter also I really need to work on that.

"So tell us again what happened?" Stella questioned as she stared at me from her spot across the room.

"I don't actually know, Stel." I groaned leaning back into my chair and closed my eyes.  Stella, obviously not satisfied with my answer, turned to Dallas.  

"Don't look at me like I kidnapped her or somethin', Jesus Stella." He said in his defence.  Stella sighed, obviously frustrated, and sat back in her seat.  

"Well you know you can always stay with us if you have to, Sid." Cammy offered with a small smile.  I nodded in thanks.  It was probably wiser to stay with them rather than dumping all my problems on Darry.  

"What, Cammy I thought we were going on a date tonight?" Steve complained from next to her.

"Steve, you idiot my best friend needs my help we can go on a date any other time."

"No it's okay, you guys have your date, it's not like I won't have Stella with me." I said, interrupting their small argument.  

"It's all settled then, we should be going now then before it gets dark.  See you all tomorrow morning I guess" Stella said.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next morning the Stella and I arrived at the Curtis house to find the rest of the gang laid out along the porch.   When they heard us coming though the gate, Two-Bit sat up and gave us his usual loud greeting.  We said hi to everyone and I made my way over to sit next to  Soda.  

"What's all this about?" Stella asked, nodding towards the six boys and Cammy.

"It's too hot inside, there's a bit of a breeze out here." Steve replied.  Him and Cammy were lying across the wooden bench that was up pressed against the window.  

After a few minutes of silence, Two-Bit broke it.

"What's the point of this? Lets actually do something with our sad lives."

"Like what genius?" Dally laughed.

"I don't know, anything I suggest will be illegal." 

"How about we go get some lunch?" Ponyboy suggested.

"That's a boring idea, and I think you're forgetting we have shit all money." Two-Bit replied quickly.

"Shut up Two-Bit at least he's got an idea." Soda defended. 

"Not my fault theres nothin fun to do in this damn town." Two-Bit laughed.

"Well why don't we make our own fun then?" I interjected.

"Sidnee, I think that's the girliest crap I've ever heard come out of your mouth." Dally laughed.

"Fine then I guess we will just lie here all day." I sighed.  

"Ponyboy have you done your homework yet?" Darry yelled from inside.

"Shit..." Ponyboy muttered, "Uhh I'll just check." He yelled back before running inside, obviously having not done his homework.

In that moment I realised I had left my homework sitting on my desk back at my house.   Usually I wouldn't be worried about this, but I had a really big maths test coming up and I really didn't want to fail this one, and of course I just managed to leave all my textbooks and notes sitting on my desk.  I contemplated telling Dally or one of the other guys to help me go and get them but I didn't want to seem like I was incapable of doing it myself.