Chapter 17

Zak is always so chill until the ghosts hit him ^

So I've always been a little bit torn on how to end this story and I've figured out how I'm going to be ending it.  There will only be a few more chapters before I start on a sequel, which will follow the storyline of The Outsiders as I decided to make this more of a prequel!

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

It was officially Monday and I was back at school. I was sat at the usual lunch table along with the twins, Kelly, and Mary-Anne.  We had been rather quiet today, everyone a little too tired from the previous weekend.

"Sidnee, what's going on between you and Dally?" Cammy asked. I looked up from my tray to face her, the rest of the group were looking at me with curious expressions.

"I don't know, I haven't seen him since yesterday, and we haven't talked much," I replied letting out a small sigh.

"Jesus, is all you two do make out?" Stella laughed.

I laughed but nodded along, "pretty much, I think he's too scared to label anything."

There was a quiet moment as they all processed what I was telling them.  I didn't really understand it myself but I liked how things were at the moment, no one was fighting.

"Have you heard anything more about your Uncle Logan?" Kelly asked.  I shook my head and looked back down at my food, slightly put off by the look of my sandwich today.

"I think he's still there, whether my mom's actually trying to get rid of him or not I don't know," I sighed and leant back in my chair.

"Maybe we could go and see after school today?" Mary-Anne suggested.

I looked around to see that the other girls were all nodding along in agreement, "yeah that could work." 

"It's sorted then, today we try and get Sid her house back," Cammy said with a smile.  After that, the topic was changed to something more lighthearted than my annoying drama. 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

By the time last period was over I was so ready to get out of there.  Stella, Kelly and I walked out of the front of the school to wait for Cammy and Mary-Anne, who had a different class to us.  As we were waiting outside the gate near the front street a loud car pulled up behind us.  We turned to see that Dally and Steve were sat in the car.  I raised my eyebrow at Dally, confused as to why he was here.

"You ladies need a ride?" He asked, putting a cigarette up to his lips and lighting it.  I rolled my eyes as I heard Stella laugh.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned as I stepped towards the car.

"Steve just got off of work, and I was bored." He shrugged, I just rolled my eyes with a smile.  

"You getting in or what?" Steve asked when none of us made a move. 

"We have plans, and we are waiting for Cammy and Mary-Anne," Stella replied.

"What are you guys up to then?" Dally asked.

"We're gonna head over to my house and see if Logan has left yet," I replied, my voice quiet as I was unsure of what Dallas would say.

He stared at me for a few seconds as he processed what I had just told him.  He was still smoking the cigarette, it was rested between his lips as he thought.

"What if he hasn't?" He asked, taking the cigarette out of his mouth, the smoke blowing towards me.

"I can't just run away from home, Dal," I sighed shifting on my feet, "my mom needs me and so does my brother."