Chapter 18

Hey, it's nearly been a year, I'm shit i know. Also it's 4am and i'm dead tired so if i missed anything like spelling/grammar errors lemme know in a comment or somethin

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Once Dally had left my house it felt empty, I felt out of place and I didn't like being there.  I couldn't help but worry about my mom, where could she have gone?  It wasn't like her to just up and leave, especially not without Connor.  I was stood in my living room, the house was like a ghost town, it didn't feel right to touch anything.  In the back of my mind, something was telling me I was overreacting, this was my home after all, but something felt off.  

I made my way into the kitchen and began looking around the cupboards and in the fridge, unsurprisingly there was nothing that could make a proper meal, just a few crackers and a loaf of bread.  Sighing I turned around and grabbed a pen and paper before making a list of things I'd need.  As I was halfway through writing, the phone in the living room began to ring.  Bringing the pen and paper with me I ran into the living room and picked up the phone.

"Hello, Harrison residence."

"Sidnee, is that you?"

"Mom? Where are you?"

"Stillwater, your Aunt Sarah's house, is Logan still there?"

"No, he's in the hospital.  What are you doing there? How could you just leave like that? Connor was on his own."

"Sidnee, what on earth did you do to him to get him in the hospital? I know I shouldn't have left, but I can explain, I'm making sure this comes to an end, I'll be home in a few days."

"A few days? Why aren't you here now mom?" I ignored her question about Logan, she didn't need to know yet.

"Look you don't understand-"

"I don't need to understand, I thought something awful had happened to you but no, turns out you abandoned your own children with a drunk."

I heard her sigh on the other side of the phone and I shook my head.  Tears were filling my eyes but right now I could only feel anger.  After a few moments of silence, she finally spoke up again.

"Four days, that's all I'll be, and everything can go back to normal again."

"What am I supposed to do in the meantime mom? This isn't normal."

"Stay at home, go to someone else's house, just be safe, please?"

"Whatever, thanks for absolutely nothing," I snapped before I hung the phone up.  Looking down at the shopping list in my hand, I screwed it up into a tight ball before I let out an angry scream and threw it across the room before kicking my foot against the side of the sofa.

"Mother of the fucking year," I yelled out to no one before collapsing down onto the couch.

After what felt like years of staring at the ceiling and trying to hold back my tears I finally came to my senses.  This wasn't worth my tears, I have to stay strong and put my own life back together.  I grabbed my backpack off of the couch and made sure it had money and other essentials in it before throwing it over my shoulder and making my way out of the house.  I didn't bother to lock the door behind me, as far as I'm concerned my mother doesn't seem to care who comes and goes at this point. 

I decided that I would go to Kelly's house first as she was the closest.  I knocked on the door and her mother answered, a pleasant smile graced her face when she saw me.

"Hi Mrs Watson, is Kelly home?"

"Hello sweetheart, yes I believe she is, just head on up to her room."  I sent her a smile as I thanked her before running up to Kelly's room.