Chapter 2

I sat on the cold hard chair, ignoring what the teacher was droning on about. I knew why I was nervous, it was something that had been niggling in the back of my brain since yesterday evening.

Dallas Winston was being released from jail today. He's only been in there for 2 and half weeks, but apparently that's long enough for him, and for everyone else in there.

I couldn't stop thinking about what he said to me. It was repeating over and over in my head, and I was worried what he would do to me.

"You're going to regret that Sidnee."

Tingles were sent down my spine every time I thought about it, and quite frankly, I don't know how much more of it I could take. I hadn't eaten a proper meal in 3 days and I was always alert, and jumping at things as small as a door slamming.

Mums been ignoring me lately too. I never told her what went on at the corner store, and I don't plan on telling her any time soon. She thinks that I'm becoming some sort of hood because my grades have been slipping and I'm not as happy and cheerful as I usually am.

Stella has been quieter than usual too, but she's still loud and cheerful enough to convince anyone she is perfectly fine. The only other people that know of what happened are Cammy, Mary-Anne and Kelly.

At first I was hesitant about telling Kelly, because she couldn't keep a secret to save her life, but in the end we did.

The bell rang signaling the end of school. I quickly packed my stuff up and rushed out of he classroom and down the hallway to my locker.

I unlocked my locker and shoved my un-needed books inside and grabbed my homework out. I slammed my locker shut and started making my way down the now empty hallway.

As I turned a corner I saw someone being slammed up against a locker. I was only a matter of meters away form them and I could hear clearly what was being said.

"What ya gonna do now, grease ball?" The guy who had the boy pinned up against the wall said.

The boy didn't reply, he just stared at the other guy in the eye.

"I said, what ya gonna do greaser?" He asked, pushing him harder against the lockers.

The boy didn't reply, so in return the guy raised his fist and connected it with the boys stomach. With out thinking I let out an involuntary scream.

The guys grip loosened on the boys shirt and they both turned their heads to look at me. I could see now that the greaser, was Ponyboy, and the Soc, was Bob Sheldon.

Bob Sheldon was an idiot. I've never liked him. He thought that he was better than everyone else and everything he had was better. Sure he's a smart guy and all, but he's an absolute ass at times.

"Go away you stupid broad." Bob growled at me.

I glared at him and stood my ground.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Teaching this greaser a lesson. Now go away." He said, turning back to Ponyboy.

"No." I said, folding my arms and staring at him.

Bob stopped what he was doing at turned to look at me.

"What?" He asked. I could tell he was getting angry.

"I said no. Leave him alone Bob." I said.

He released Ponyboy and stormed over to me. He stopped right in front of me.

I looked up at his face, he was about a foot taller than me and definitely bigger as well.

"Say that again." He said. His voice was quiet and his breath fanned over my face.