Chapter 14

Chapter 14 (This milk commercial gif brings me so much joy)

Warning: Part of this chapter may be triggering to some readers as I mention some of Sidnee's past.  I'm going to put a warning at the beginning and the end of the section in case any of you would prefer to skip it.

Remember to point out any mistakes you notice so it's easier to fix later 

Sidnee's POV

After receiving a call from my mother, how she found out I was at the Curtis' I have no clue, I was forced to go home early so I missed out on dinner.  I'm still not sure why I was called home so early but it left an unsettling feeling in my stomach.  When I arrived outside the house there were three cars parked rather than the usual one.  After making my way inside and shrugging off my bag I went in search of my mother.

"Mom! I'm home."  My voice rang throughout the house.

"Can you come into the kitchen? Someone is here to see you." She yelled back in reply.  I sighed and complied with her orders.  As I stepped through the doorway my eyes laid on a man in a brown suit, not his colour if you ask me.  As I scanned up his body my eyes came to a stop at his all to familiar face.  The sweet smile that graced his face as he saw me was not quite reaching his eyes.

"What's he doing here?" I groaned.

"Can't I come and visit my lovely niece and nephew every once in a while?" He laughed.

"I'd appreciate if you didn't, Logan." I spat his name and glared before storming out of the kitchen and into my room.  Uncle Logan, to describe him in the kindest way possible, was a creep.  He is my dad's brother and given the circumstances with my father he always feels that he should be free to come over when he liked.  I don't like him one bit, and neither did my father.  He thrives off of his love for money and sex, which meant that whenever he stayed there was always a girl in tow.  

After spending five minutes angrily pacing back and forth in my room I heard a knock on the door downstairs.  Choosing to just leave it and let my mom answer it I plonked myself onto my bed and fell back, my back sinking into my comforter.  All of a sudden my bedroom door swung open and I sat up, focusing my glare on the trespasser.

"Can I help you?" I glared, raising my eyebrow at the one and only Dallas Winston.

"Yeah, you left your jacket over at the house so I brought it back for you." He replied tossing me my jacket.  

"Oh, thanks, I guess."  I sighed before laying back down.  After a couple of seconds, I looked over to my door to see that he was still standing there.

"You're still here, why?" 

He laughed, pulling a cigarette out of his pocket and sticking it between his lips, "Not sure actually."

Don't even think about lighting that thing in here, Winston, I will not hesitate to sucker punch you to the noggin." I glared, walking over to snatch it out of his mouth.

"Noggin? You know if you use words like that your threats won't be as threatening." He let out a laugh, causing a small smile to break out on my face.  

"Whatever, all that matters is you know I will not hesitate to hit you if you ever light a cigarette in my room."

He just laughed and made his way over to my bed where he sat down.  I sighed and closed my door before coming to stand in front of him.

"Was that your dad that answered the door downstairs?" He questioned.  I scoffed and looked down at him with a smirk.

"No, my uncle, unfortunately."