Chapter Eighteen

~Aliyah's POV 

During the week, I didn't get to spend much time with Jacob, due to his rehearsals with Prodigy, Ray Ray, and Roc. 

I sat at home, did homework, ate, and wrote songs. 

Kaylan called to say she had to stay at LaShae's an extra two weeks, so I would have to sit in this house alone. 

For two more damn weeks. 

I scrolled down my list of contacts, looking for someone to hang out with. 

Cierra? Nah. 

Craig? No. 

Emerald? Nope. 

Dana? Hmm. 

I never really get to hang out with Dana, so why not? 

I tapped the 'Send message' button,and typed a quick text.

'Hey, u wanna hang? I'm bored, lol.' 

I pressed send, and waited for a response. 

'Sure, I'll come through.'  

I smiled, and put my phone on the charger. 

I changed from my school clothes to a tank top, sweats, and ankle socks, put my golden hair in a bun, and sat criss-cross on the floor and waited for her to come. 

I heard a knock on the door, and answered it. 

It was Dana, with a bag of snacks, and movies. 

I let her in, and she plopped on the couch. 

"So, what were you doing before I got here? It looks pretty dull in this bitch." She said. 

"Nothing, dying." I joked as I took my spot on the floor. 

"Uh-uh, we gotta change that. Here." She threw me a bag of Haribo gummy worms, and two DVDs. 

"Pick one." She said, opening a box of Nerds. 

The choices were 'Scarface', and 'Kevin Hart's 'Seriously Funny'. 

I put in Seriously Funny, and pressed play. 

We were twenty minutes into it when she threw a random question at me. 

"What if the guys won the Talent Search, and went on tour? What happens to us?" 

I took a second to contemplate what she said. Would Jacob forget about me?  

"I don't know." I said between bites of Zebra cake. 

"All I know is, Ray better bring me on that tour with him or I'll beat that ass." She said, causing me to explode in laughter. 

"I think Jacob would bring me." I said, smiling at the thought. 

We finished the movie, and decided to walk around the neighborhood. 

We were just walking, talking, and eating candy when I heard a snicker. 

"Yo, do you hear that?" Dana said, looking behind her. 

"Yeah, I was just about to ask you." 

After ten seconds of looking around, I shrugged my shoulders and kept walking. 

"I wonder what they'll name their band if they became famous." Dana said. 

Right them, I felt something sticky in my hair. 

I turned around, and it was Imani with two cans of fucking silly string.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I exclaimed, trying to get it out of my hair.