X X X I V - [ D A E M O N ]

FEIA IS BEING MORE of a tease today than usual.

It's like one moment she's seducing me and making me want to do so many ungodly things to her, but the next she seems distant and off, barely maintaining eye contact. After dinner ended a little while back, Feia's made sure that she keeps at her routine—so she's currently in the latter of her mood.

Not just that, though; the vibe she gives off and her demeanor in general seems a bit different, somehow, but I think that it's just her getting used to being my Little Helper full-time. Or maybe she just found a newfound confidence in herself, knowing that she's well above Lilith—but just to be frank, Feia is quite a tough nut to crack so I wouldn't know just what she's thinking of unless she tells me herself.

The odd thing is that Feia is now able to do the things I do. Reading one's thoughts, teleporting, mind-blocking—you name it. I suppose that all of the more superior demons can teleport, so I shouldn't be surprised that she can do it as well. After all, Satan's right hand is quite a title.

But how is she even able to read my mind? Even though Satan's right hand is still a remarkable position, being Satan himself is still above it so she shouldn't be able to do so. And her mind-blocking... How does she do that? No one other than those in the Lucifer line can do that, and I'm pretty sure she's got no trace of our blood in hers—I would know.

I sigh, all these thoughts gnawing on my brain like parasites. I don't understand how this girl, this one human girl, can make me feel so many things at once.

I need to get this off my chest.

While Feia is somewhere avoiding me, I decide to use my time to talk to Bub once more. I don't know just when he's become my go-to demon, but I suppose that he practically signed up for it when he was declared Hell's General and to be honest, I'm not actually mad about it.

"Okay so," He starts, furrowing his eyebrows at all the things I've told him. "She was making you hard at dinner but now she's being a bitch?"

"Bub," I scold, shooting daggers at him. "She's not a bitch. And she did not make me hard."

"Okay that's bullshit." He says, pointing at me accusingly. "And I'm just kidding about the part where I said that she's a bitch. I love Laufie—I mean, who wouldn't, anyway?"

I shrug, knowing he already knows the answer to that question. Before I can even come up of a response, though, Bub speaks up once more.

"You really like her, do you?"

My shoulder's tense, never having anyone asked me such question. I know that I should just straight up deny it, since if anyone finds out that I'd gone soft they would look down on me and say that I am not worthy enough to be deemed their ruler. However, this is Bub I am talking to—knowing him, he'd break some goddamned rules for companionship.

"I do." I mutter, feeling like some petty schoolgirl as the words come out of my mouth.

He gives me a sympathetic smile. "I'm sure there's more to it, but I won't push it—I already know the truth, anyway." I let out a breath in relief; another thing I'm grateful for is that Bub knows when he shouldn't be insistent about something.

"So tell her, why don't you?" he asks, knowing well that I'm not even going to reply to his previous statement. The way the question rolls off his tongue makes it sound like it's the single most simple solution ever, and I kind of wish it really is that way.