X X V I I I - [ D A E M O N ]

IT'S DARK.

This shouldn't be an odd thing in Hell, though, since, after all, it is heaven that's got all the light, but the blackness of this level really renders me oblivious to the things around me, that is assuming that there is anything here at all.

So this is what it's like to be blind.

Just then, an intense amount of light hits my eyes, making me instinctively look away as I squeeze my eyes shut.

When I see through my eyelids that the place has gotten dimmer, I slowly open my eyes and blink away the black spots that appear in my vision.

Seven luminescent orbs appear before me in a single line, looking mystic and bright as ever.

"Welcome, Malum. We assume that you know who we are?" A collection of voices say, not a single emotion detected.

I bring my hand down and clear my throat. "Let's see..." I place both hands on my hips and look down. "Judging from what you all call me and the number of orbs present in front of me, you must be the Seven Deadly Sins" I look up at the orbs to see if there are any reactions— "Correct?"

"Indeed, Malum." They answer. "Daemon Malum Lucifer, grandson of Malum Lucifer—The Evil One."

"Right. Why don't you all just call me by my first name?" I ask, raising both eyebrows in hopes that they will agree. "I'm not exactly used to being called that and quite frankly, I'm becoming pretty uncomfortable with it."

"But that is your given name, Malum. You are a descendant of the ever-so-mighty Lucifer line, and thus you will be known as nothing but it here in the Inner Circle of Hell."

I sigh. "Alright, fine. So what am I supposed to do here exactly?"

"Ah, yes." They say, as if they've forgotten the purpose of me being here. "You see these seven orbs, Malum?" I nod. "All you have to do is look into them. You will then see what you have to do."

"Okay." Puffing out a breath, I walk towards the first one. Though it's a bit too bright, I stare at it as hard as I can, and soon enough, I feel the sensation of getting sucked in.

"Angel," Someone says, and I know immediately just who it is. "I ate your casserole earlier today, kay? I would use my powers and all, but I was kinda in a rush."

"Okay?" I say, more of a question rather than statement. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as I watch Bub getting all giddy for 'stealing my casserole'. Thankfully enough, however, I'm able to catch on pretty quickly.

"Oh I see what's going on here." I say to no one in particular. "This is my Greed, isn't it? Is this level all about letting go of my emotions and whatnot?"

"Always a clever one, aren't you, Malum?" The voices respond, sounding slightly amused somehow. "But the question is, can you let go?"

"I'm a full demon already." I remind them, cocking an eyebrow. "Of course I can let go, I already have."

The voices don't speak for a minute or so, considering my answer. I don't exactly see why they even do it, though, since I am, after all, the ruler of Hell himself.

In the end, their final reply is a simple "we'll see" and I find myself back in the dark room, everything just like how it was before.

"Please, continue, Malum."

I clasp my hands together, a smirk on my lips. "This'll be easy."

||-:-:-:-:-:-||