X X I I - [ D A E M O N ]

I PACE around my office, trepidation and fear for Feia's life consuming my mind.

Calm down, Daemon. It's Feia we're talking about here. If she was able to beat Abigor in a hand-to-hand battle, then she sure as shit can deal with some of Hell's creatures.

I try to convince myself that she'll be just fine on her own, but unfortunately, the one person I can't convince other than Feia is I myself.

"Lucifer," Bub says from his seat in front of my desk. I look sideways at him, raising an eyebrow to see what he wants instead of asking. "You need to chill, man. It's Laufie we're talking about here—she can take care of herself."

"I know, Bub, I know!" I drag a callous hand down my face in frustration. "But I just can't help it! What if she gets eaten by a Hellhound or something?"

Bub scoffs. "Are you kidding me? Her? Eaten by a Hellhound? It's more like the other way around, man. In fact, I kind of pity the creatures that will have to face her." He purses his lips and shakes his head, probably imagining Feia slaughtering the creatures with her blade. "Oh my poor, poor creatures."

"Alright then, so not the Hellhounds." I nod my head, seeing that Bub is, in fact, correct; the Hellhounds' only chance of survival is to run the fuck away from her. "But what about the lost souls? What if one of them gets in her body?"

"Oh please," Bub waves me off and rolls his eyes. "The only thing she ever lets in is you, Lucifer."

"BUB—"

"Oh, hush. We both know that's the truth." Bub throws me a wink and makes a bowl of skittles appear on my desk. He reaches for it and grabs a handful of the sweets before shoving it in his mouth and exclaiming, "WHOO! TASTE THE RAINBOWS, BABY."

I rub my temples slowly. "Can't you be serious for at least five minutes?"

"Meh," He says, cheeks full with candies. "She'll be fine, Lucifer. Seriously. Or, if you're still so goddamned worried, go check up on her."

I give him a look. "Are you crazy? She'll have my head within seconds!"

"See that's why you shouldn't worry about her." Bub picks up a red skittle and examines it before popping it in his mouth. "She has the ability to scare you, Lucifer. You, of all demons—for the love of Satan, Daemon, you are Satan himself in the flesh. No one, and I mean no one, has the ability to scare you like that."

She scares me in a different way, I want to say, but choose to keep quiet instead. All these... Feelings she's made me feel, so odd and unfamiliar; I've never felt so confused in my life, and that's saying something considering the fact that I've been alive for over a century now.

"Oho, I know that look." Bub says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What look?" I ask, knitting my eyebrows together in genuine puzzlement.

"Oh don't play games with me, Angel." A knowing smirk appears on his face, and it confuses me even more. "You have feelings for her, don't you?"

His words render me speechless. And for the first time in several decades, I am hesitant in replying. "Feelings? What feelings?" Regaining my composure as quick as I can and narrowing my eyes, I give him a look as if I'm trying to make him believe in my words. "I feel nothing, Bub. We demons do not show such weakness."

"Bullshit,"

"It's the truth, Bub. I—"

"Bullshit," He sings, picking out the yellow skittles and eating them all at once.