X X X I I I - [ C H R I S T I A N A ]

THE MOMENT Daemon's eyes land on mine, I see him visibly gulping and hide his lower half behind the table, making me smirk at the power I actually seem to have over him.

Maybe I should tease him a little.

"Hello, My Lord." I say sweetly, and take a seat on one end of the table so that I am technically sitting directly across of him.

A bit dumbfoundedly, Daemon takes a seat himself, eyes still glued on me. He seems to be at lost for words, as he forgot to even welcome me or greet me back.

Between us on the table lies a bowl of fruits and eating utensils. To be honest, I don't actually know whether a full demon actually eats real food. I've got a feeling that we'd usually feed on souls and such, though, but I suppose it'd be rather difficult to make them look presentable and appetizing.

"So Daemon, what are we having this evening?" I ask him, acting like I don't know shit; after all, isn't that what demons love? One's innocence?

Daemon shakes his head, snapping out of whatever trance he was in. He then clears his throat and adjusts the collar of his shirt. "Oh, well..." He start, eyes never leaving mine. "Here, My Dear, we have all kinds of food - and only the finest, too. Go on, tell me what you'd like and you will have it."

"Oh, I don't want to be bothersome. I'll have whatever you have in mind."

"Are you sure? We can make you—"

"I'm sure." I cut him off, giving him a tight-lipped smile that somehow manages to convince him.

"Very well, then." He snaps his fingers and Mara, who was standing by the door behind him, opens it to reveal a line of (demon) butlers and maids with silver plates in hand.

One makes her way towards me, and serves me something in a bowl that looks a lot like mushroom soup. It still honestly baffles me, to be honest, the way demons can act so humanely.

"Mushroom soup for appetizer, huh?"

Daemon frowns. "Why, you don't like it? We can get you—"

"It's fine, Daemon. Stop taking everything so seriously, will you?" I chuckle, trying my best not to go too far otherwise he'll know exactly what I'm doing. He's not that dumb—both unfortunately and not.

Daemon instantly looks relief at my response. "I don't. Now eat up."

"Why the rush?" I ask, a little smirk on my face. "Do you have something in mind?"

"As a matter of fact, My Sweet, I do." A smirk that matches mine appears on his own face.

"Oh, I'm looking forward to it, Hot Stuff."

I swivel my head at the door behind me, resisting the urge to roll my eyes all the way to the back of my head. I'd recognize that voice anywhere; is not that I want to remember how she sounds like, it's just so that I know when to avoid things because once I hear her voice, I will not hesitate to walk the other way immediately.

"What are you doing, Lilith?" Daemon asks bluntly, obviously not pleased about her being here.

Lilith starts walking towards Daemon, but slows done when she reaches me. "Oh, I just decided to drop by. A little birdie told me that... She's back." She tosses her hair back, her sharp green eyes scanning me up and down. "I've got to hand it to you, human. You actually made it through the Inner Circle."