X X X I I - [ D A E M O N ]

THE WAY Feia killed herself oddly intrigues me.

I can't quite pinpoint exactly what it is, but the way she actually managed to think of such a graphic way to off herself somehow amazes me. Sure, she is my right hand and she's done a lot more gory jobs before, but she never ceases to amaze me, that Little Helper of mine.

Watching her lie peacefully in her blood-filled bathtub, I sit on the edge of tub and move a fallen strand of hair away from her pale face. Her cheeks are still a bit warm, though probably not for too long as she is, well... Dead.

I sigh and kiss her forehead before getting up to leave. Maybe I've made the right decision after all?

With a little snap of my fingers, I return to Hell.

As expected, Feia is sound asleep in my bed. I had made sure, of course, so that she didn't have to go through the torturous process of having her soul back in Hell.

I eye her lazily as I make my way towards the other side of the bed. I crawl onto it and just stare at her, not in the means of being a creep but rather because I am simply admiring her beauty.

"ANGEL! YOU ACTUALLY MADE IT ALIVE!" Someone shrieks behind me, making me instinctively swivel my head at their direction and give them a glare.

"Bub! Shut the fuck up!" I hiss, afraid that his voice will wake Feia up.

"Oh!" He gasps, and clamps both hands over his mouth. "Sorry." Bub apologizes, this time in a lower voice. "What happened to her?"

I look at her once more before gesturing at the door, indicating that we should go and talk outside instead. Thankfully, he gets it and immediately moves quietly out the door, myself following behind him.

Closing the door behind me, Bub asks, "So what's that about? Great coming-home sex?" He grins, winking and nudging my arm suggestively.

I shake my head no. "She kind of... Killed herself." I mumble, my lips forming a tight line.

"SHE WHAT!" Bub exclaims, unable to keep quiet. I shush him again, and he bites on his lower lips to shut himself up. "So that's her dead body?!"

"Well, no."

"Then?"

"Long story short, she was given the choice to become a full demon back at the Inner Circle. All I had to do was either approve or reject her decision."

Bub nods in understanding. "You approved, didn't you?" He quietly asks, looking at me with an odd expression that looks a lot like sympathy.

This time, it's my turn to nod. "I did."

"So she lost..."

"Her ability to feel emotions, Bub, yes." I answer, pursing my lips. He's the only one who understands what it's like to feel such emotion, so covering up in front of him would be pointless.

The two of us stay silent for a couple of minutes, him taking in everything I just said while I think about my decision once more.

When he decides to speak up again, however, he asks, "So why did she kill herself?"

I sigh. "I told her that it would be easier for her to be my Little Helper if she was in Hell with me all day everyday. I mean, I didn't even have to force her; she just straight up grabbed a shard of glass and dragged it along her arm."