Cha. 6

Kendall and I both woke up at noon. The ceremony was planned this way to allow us as much sleep as possible, it was scheduled to start around four PM. 

"Come on" she said, dragging me to my shower "Time to get you pretty. Shower then we're going downtown to the salon. After that we're going to Melanie's house on the beach to get you ready"

"Okay" I said. 

I let the steam and hot water cleanse my skin of last night's activities. I threw on some jeans and a tank top, grabbed a bagel from the kitchen, and we left for Melanie's, where I was immediately ambushed by a team of girls who were going to make me look like a bride. 

Several hours later my hair was straightened, my face was done, my nails were shiny, I smelled like a flower, it was perfect. Kendall stood behind me in the mirror and placed my veil on my head. I turned around to hug her. 

"Thank you, for everything" I told her. 

"You're welcome, now let's go get you married off"

She dashed out of the house followed by all the other girls in the wedding party. I met my dad outside the house. 

"You look beautiful" he told me. 

"Thank you" I replied "Thank you for flying out here for this"

"Of course" he smiled. 

We started the walk down to the beach. I was wearing sandals instead of heels but they were classy. The sand wasn't even getting at my pedicure, which was amazing. The small band we hired started playing a song to announce my arrival and everyone stood up to watch me. Kendall was sobbing next to the other girls but my eyes were on Ryan. Dad walked me slowly to my place, kissed my cheek, and sat down with mom...who was also sobbing. 

Ryan and I turned to the minister who began his duties. Eventually it was time for us to exchange our vows, I let Ryan go first. 

"Peyton, when we met back at summer camp a year ago, you had a boyfriend. You were extremely taken and you couldn't stand me, but I got in. Now here we are today, standing here with friends and family, so happy and in love. I love you now and forever"

I shed a little tear before going into my part. 

"George Ryan Ross, I love you. I love you so much, more than I've ever loved anyone else in my life. I'm glad I gave you a chance, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you"

The minister finally got to the part I wanted: "You may now kiss the bride"

Ryan leaned down and crashed his lips to mine hard. He wrapped his arms around my tiny waist and held me close. When we broke apart, everyone cheered. I had a smile the size of Texas on my face, he was finally all mine and I was all his. 

"We'll see you all back at our apartment for the reception" I said. 

People went back to their cars while Ryan and I just stood on the beach.

"I love you" he said "Mrs. Ross"

"I love you too"

He took my hand and left me at Melanie's to get changed out of my dress and into my party dress. When I was ready, Kendall drove us back to the apartment. It was time to party.