Cha. 11

KENDALL'S POV

I wanted to call Peyton and ask how the trip was going but I figured I'd just leave them to their fun...if they'd even left the room. 

"Whatcha thinkin about?" Brendon asked me. We were laying in the sun on the beach enjoying some sun. 

"Oh I just miss Pey that's all"

"They'll be back on Thursday" he smiled. 

"I know, I kind of like having the apartment to ourselves though. I love them but this is just a glimpse at what it will be like if we ever do go our separate ways"

"We're still young" he told me "Plenty of time to plan for the future"

He got up from his towel and stood up "I'm going to the snack cart, want anything?"

"Just a soda and maybe some chips" I told him. 

"Sounds good, be right back"

He kissed the top of my head and I went back to working on my tan. 

RYAN'S POV

She really was excited to be on this vacation. Everywhere we went in the parks an everything we did amazed her to no end. I couldn't get her to stop for a few minutes of rest. 

"There's time to rest later, RyRy. Adventure and celebration is now!"

"Why don't we just move here?" I asked. 

"CAN WE?" she yelled. 

"Sure" I told her "I'll dump my song writing and music career so that we can live in a crater of fairy dust and happiness"

"Are you tired?" she asked me. 

"Yes, why?"

"You seem cranky and irritable. Let's go back to the hotel for a little bit, okay?"

"But what about adventure and celebration?" I asked her. 

"It's no fun if you're being a Mr. Grumpykins. Now let's go"

She took my hand and we wove our way through the crowds back to our hotel. I collapsed on the bed and was out like a light. I did hear her turn on the TV but she kept the volume low while I slept. 

When I woke up from my nap it, the sun was low in the sky. I turned over and saw her playing games on her iPod. 

"How long was I out?" I asked. 

"Five hours" she muttered. 

"Pey are you mad at me?" 

"No" she stated. 

"You're lying" I said as I sat up. 

"Ryan I'm not mad" she said. 

"Peyton really, you can tell me. We're married now"

She put her iPod down and turned to me "Our friends paid for this vacation for us and so far I feel like I'm seeing more of this room than anything else. I wanted to explore today but you wanted to sleep"

"You asked me if I was tired!" I half yelled. 

"Yeah but I didn't expect you to sleep for five fucking hours!"

"Well you could have woken me up!"

"I didn't want to!"

"Why not?"

"BECAUSE YOU LOOK CUTE WHILE YOU SLEEP!" she yelled. I could see her practically on the verge of tears. I tried to hug her but she swatted me away. 

"Pey, seriously" I said. She crawled into my arms and I rubbed the sides of her arms. 

"I'm sorry" I told her "Let's just breathe and calm down"

She took slow, deep breaths and I could almost feel her relaxing. 

"Good girl"

She melted against my body as I continued to hold her. She kept breathing and I kept stroking her. When she was completely calm, I let her go. 

"I'm sorry" she said. 

"No, no" I told her "It's my fault. Let's go back out there and I'll buy you a Mickey shaped ice cream"

She was quiet. 

"With sprinkles?" she finally added. 

"With whatever you want"

"EEEEEE" she bounced off the bed and I stood up. I grabbed my wallet and our room keys before following her down the stairs and out the doors of the hotel. 

"Ice cream! Ice cream" she cheered. I almost struggled to keep up with her. I grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her back. I planted a deep kiss on her mouth before letting her go. She blushed before smiling and ran off again.