Start Living

There was a girl, walking around the red bricked building, carrying books and a bag on her back. Her face was blurred, but she can see that she had hazel brown hair, and light skin, with a sort of uniform along a blue skirt. Her hair was held up in a french braid, with flowers pinning it.
"Well.. is there anything you need for homework?" she asks me, with a smile. What homework?! Where are we? Who is she?!?
"I know you're sad, what's wrong?" Those words came out of my mouth. Tears suddenly flowed down her cheeks rapidly. "You're going to leave us...Please don't go..." her voice cracked a bit, and she drops her books. And she ran towards me and squeezed me with a hug. My hands starts to turn into dust, and the wind blows parts of me away.

NOOOO!!

-----

Vanessa awakens to find out there was tears streaming her cheek, and that she was sleeping on the floor.
"What the heck?!.." she mumbles to herself and rubs her aching head. Then she heard loud snores from the bed, and boy can he snore. She got on the bed, and started to jump up and down to take Oreo up. Also revenge for pushing her to the floor in her sleep.
"Wake up, Sleeping Beast!!! hahaha!" she yelled as she continues to bounce the bed and mess it up. Oreo finally woke up when Vanessa accidentally stepped on his face.
"Wendy? Ow...what are you doing?" Oreo mumbled with annoyance as he rubbed his eyes. Vanessa was about to shout at his face, but the door cut her off by its knocking. It was Derrick who was constantly banging on the door loudly.

"Guys guess what?! You both are going to go to school with me! Hurry up and get ready!" He yelled constantly rushing both Vanessa and Oreo. Mrs.Juvida was able to apply "Wendy" and Oreo for the school called Mossdale School. Vanessa looked at Oreo, and she knew he wasn't sick anymore because of the pills he got.
"Hey, Oreo, looks like you're no longer sick. Get up, this is going to be the first time I get to go to school!" she pushed him off the bed, and puts her fist in the air. "WAHOO!"

Oryza stumbled off from the floor and opened the door for Derrick.
"Are you serious?! School is like PRISON!" Derrick groans with crossed arms. Then he pulls out uniforms out of the bag he's holding. One with a skirt and the other with a fancy tie.
"Do we have to wear these?" Oreo said as he scans through the uniform. Derrick nodded.
"Oh my..gosh...These uniforms looks SO formal!" Oreo says with sparkling eyes and excitement. While Vanessa looks through her clothes, uncomfortable with the skirt but doesn't care that much because they're going to school.
"EAT NOW!!!" Mrs. Juvida called them for breakfast.

-----
Vanessa's P.O.V.

After that, the group heads out to the outdoors, out of the lavatory building to the sidewalks. They had to go through the uphill streets to the school building. It wasn't hard because it was like only six buildings away. When we got there, the building was surrounded by black colored metal fences and the buildings are made of red bricks. "Woah... this place looks FUN!" I excite myself.
"Wendy, I feel bad about those lies inside your head... Oh before I forget, Oreo, we changed your name to Damian in the application. Mommy didn't want anyone to bully your name." Derrick spoke for himself, and informs Oreo about the name. Damian was his new name now, and Oreo seems to be okay with it. But dear god, what a way to let down my excitement Derrick...

I realized that there was a lot of young kids everywhere walking towards the gates, going inside their classes, and lining up. It was fascinating how humans can have such an organized system. Everyone single one were wearing the same uniform and carried backpacks while they carried their books.
"Derrick?!" A fragile soft voice of a girl was heard from behind them.

"Charlene! It's been such a long time.. ugh School is here though. No more video games, more homework." Derrick talked to the girl, and groaned.
She gave a chuckle at Derrick's ridiculous attitude, and she brushed her brown hazel hair off her face. Her hair was up in a pony tail, and she wore glasses like Derrick, except she didn't look like such a nerd. She looked really chill and cool, I thought to myself. Then I realized something familiar about her, her voice, her appearance.

Was that not a dream after all?!

Well, to be truth, I'm just glad we finally have a girl to join with us. I don't feel comfortable surrounded with smelly boys all the time. So I managed to say, "Hey, I'm V-.. W-wendy.. So you must be Charlene." She nodded. Almost revealed my real name, that was a close one.. Too close. I reached my hand to have a friendly hand shake. She took the offer, but she starts to squint her eyes towards my eyes as if she's trying to recognize me.
"Van-... Who am I kidding she isn't alive anymore." Charlene mumbled, looking down and stepped away from me. Derrick nudged her arm, expressing a smilar look to hers. Sadness.

"Charlene.. We know she's not... coming back. You saw it yourself." Derrick tried to whisper to her, but it was loud enough for me to hear. What's with them anyways, and who the heck are they talking about?
Sure I wanted to ask, but I just met them anyways, it's not like it matters much since I'm not involved. However, curiosity took over me.
"Who's this person your talking about." I managed to ask, but they looked at each other blinking then back at me.
"It's not important. Anyways should I tour you around the school?" Charlene said playing it all cool, as if she never had that sad expression earlier. But I know they're lying, and I wanted to find out.

"Sure, Char. Maybe we could do fun stuff afterwards." I chuckled a bit to make sure I'm not interested in that mysterious subject. Charlene froze again, but this time she was trembling.
"Someone used to call me that.." she cracked her voice.
"You mean Char? It sounded like a cool name, so that's what I wanted to call you!" I was really starting to like hanging out around her. I'm already thinking about lot's of stuff we can do together. Well, not to sound clingy though.
"You really remind me of her." She talked to herself, I wanted to ask again about that person but it seemed too much of a sensitive topic.

Now that I think of my surroundings, did Oreo just randomly disappeared? Ever since Charlene was along with us, where the heck did he go? But it wasn't my top priority right now, I was having fun around my new friends here.
The three of us started to walk by what's it's called a cafeteria. It was a gym and a cafeteria all at the same time. Suddenly, an apple flew from across the Gym and smacked Charlene's face. It nearly broke her glasses. All of us looked at the other side of the room, and it was a guy our age who did it.
"Marqais! You almost broke my glasses!" Charlene scolded the boy who was smirking as if he didn't feel bad for hurting her. Marqais, was his name? He looked like a Filipino dude, with a gray sweater on, baggy pants, cheeky brown eyes, and has a blonde dyed long hair tail at the back.

Derrick came up to Marqais and gave each other high-fives. Is this what Charlene goes through all the time in her human lives?
"Hey! Marq- How do you say it.. Hey Mexican Dude! Is that how you treat girls?! That's really rude, so if you do it again I will beat you up. The two of you guys up!" I decidedly shout loudly, with clenching fists to make sure they get the message. Oreo is actually more respectful than these doofus. Charlene rubbed her face on the spot she got hurt. I got a pat on the back from her with a smile.
"It's okay really. I'm not that weak." She then picked up the apple from the ground and threw it at Marqais smacking his face.
"See hahaha." We both laughed at the boys. Man, I wish Oreo can see how much fun we're having right now!

We then threw apples and food towards each other, we were having a food war.

RINGGG

The school bells echoed through the whole building. It was time to go to class, and I was nervous to see who was in my class. What if I didn't have Oreo, Derrick, or Charlene!? We all grabbed our things and went to our classrooms after our good byes.

Rm 35

I was lucky that, surprisingly Oreo and Derrick was able to get into the same class as me. But I was kinda upset about not having Charlene though.
"Okay class. Let our lessons begin. You should all know that vacation is over." Mr. Rodriguez our homeroom began to teach us through his lessons. The whole classroom groaned and some even complained which kinda hurts my ears.

Today is where I start living.