Chapter 17: Thalia Leaves Me

Before I start this chapter, I would like to say I'm sorry to imthatwalrus. Thalia's her favorite character in the PJO series. I guess that kinda spoiled the idea of the chapter.   (Also, I don't own that pictures. It belongs to: imthatwalrus. I thought it'd be cool for this chapter.)

We arrived in Half-Blood Hill with nothing but thoughts trailing through our minds. Everyone grabbed their bags. I got Aiden, Percy got Paige. We all made out way into the camp and took our desperate ways. Nico to the Hades cabin, Grover to the cabins for satyrs, Percy and I to the Poseidon cabin.
I was really happy to be back at camp.
'What about Thalia though? Will Zeus find a way to sustain her life force again?' These thoughts raced in my mind. I was scared. We were all going to meet in the Big House in about twenty minutes. Percy was pacing and muttering things to himself. I couldn't quite make it out. I think he said something about me making such a big deal out of this. I'm really not. I mean, Thalia's my best friend.
I was sitting on the bed with my back against the backboard.
"Percy?" I said in a low voice. I don't think he heard me. I spoke up this time. "Percy?" He looked up at me.
"Hmm?"
"Do you think Thalia's going to be okay? A worried expression swept across my face. Percy came as sat next to me. He wrapped his arm over my shoulders for comfort.
"I don't know Annabeth. I just don't know." We cuddled up for the next ten minutes. Then Piper came rushing in smiling.
"Where are they?!" She screamed excitement in her voice.
"Who?" I asked courteousl.
"The babies of course!" She kept shouting things at us. Percy just pointed in the direction of where we kept the twins. She ran in there and be fore I knew it, it was time to go see Chiron.
"Piper!!" I shouted.
"Yeah?!" She screamed back. Piper started to run back to where Percy and I were seated.
"Can you whach Aiden and Paige?"
"Yeah, sure. For how long?"
"It shouldn't take that long. Probably about ten minutes or so."
"Kay. That's fine."
"We'll be back soon." Percy and I said our good byes and went out the door. We cought up with Nico and Grover half way to the Big House.
"What do you think is gonna happen?" Nico asked.
"I'm not sure. But I hope Thalia's okay." Grover replied. I just kept walking, not wanting to talk about it.
Two minutes later, we made it to the porch of the Big House and went straight in.
"Ah, you've arrived. Chiron's waiting in there." Mr. D pointed in the direction of Chiron's small room. He clearly didn't want to talk to us. Not surprising though.
"Percy, Annabeth, Nico, Grover. I suppose you want to know what's happening with Thalia." We all nodded.
Chiron sighed then started talking. "Well, maybe first you'd like to see her." We all nodded again.
We made our way to the infirmary. On the third bed, right hand side, I saw her. Lying there, barely breathing. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I was stunned. We all quickly made our way over to Thalia. Her eyes were trying to stay open.
"Annabeth?" She whispered,
"It's me Thalia." I whispered back. I was starting to tear up a little.
"What's happening to me?" A puzzled look on her face. She didn't know?
"You don't wanna know." Nico said sort of joking. Thalia managed a small smile. Then it faded.
'NO!' I wanted to scream this but it didn't come out.
"Thalia? No please don't leave me again." I whimpered. As she took her final breath, I started to sob into Percy's shoulder. She was gone. Why was this happening? Why Zeus wasn't doing anything to help his daughter?