Chapter Three

[I keep writing short chapters...sorry... and please, please, PLEASE comment.....I could really use some feedback here! Thanks!]

Chapter Three

When I woke up it was silent. I stretched and blinked a few times, trying to remember where I was and what brought me here.

It all came back to me then.  The strange room was owned by TK….Hammel? Who had slept in the living room on the couch….. He had won me in a seedy game of poker.  I no longer belong to Buck Howard. Man, he must be fuming right now.

The urge to relieve my bladder was getting stronger so I got out of the warm bed and headed to take care of business.

On the mirror in the bathroom was a note.

Got called into work.

Be back around 5.

Foods in the kitchen.

TK

            Oh really? Is that where you put food? Who knew?

Huh. What do I do now? My stomach rumbled, letting me know its thoughts on the matter.  Kitchen then I suppose.

Oh, Man. When I got to the kitchen I couldn’t help but notice the time.  It was already 2 o’clock.  Shit! I wolfed down a pop-tart and got to work.

I found chicken in the freezer and set it out.  Then I found a closet with cleaning supplies. Alright, I know how to do this.

My over sleeping didn’t prove to be an issue, however, because I finished cleaning the whole place, top to bottom by 4.  With everything spotless, I cooked dinner. I kept it basic seen as I had no clue what this guy even likes.  One thing I don’t want is his anger pointed at me.  It looked lethal; the way he was holding Buck the other day just a taste. I shivered.

Ten to 5 I just finished dinner, so I set the table as well.  I tried to make everything look perfect, who knows what kind of standards this guy had?

When I heard the key in the lock I was afraid I might pass out I was so nervous.  Heart pounding, I turned around as TK walked into the room.

“Wow, you’ve been busy…” He looked shocked.

***

Could the boy be any cuter? I have never thought myself as the romantic mushy gushy type of guy, but honestly he made me dinner and he looked so nervous.  That’s when it all smacked me upside the head….he was supposed to do this.  Trained to do this.  Punished if he didn’t do it right. 

My eyes narrowed, but when I saw him shrinking back I tried to calm myself a little.  Ok.  It’s ok.  I’ll slowly teach him it’s not necessary. 

“This looks great,” I said as I cleared my throat.  Wait, where’s his plate? “Aren’t you going to eat with me?”

“Uh…I-if you wish it, s-sir.”  He is shocked.  The prick owner of his must have made him eat alone.  But maybe it’s for the best if he didn’t have to be around the Buck more than needed.

He grabbed another plate and silverware and set them at the table.  I sat, picked up my fork and knife and dug in.  He followed suit.  We ate in general silence other then my complements to the chief.  Which he did not see coming, but seemed to relax a little all the same.

After dinner, came time for the talk.  I am still not entirely sure what I should do with him, but something tells me I need to gently ease him out of what he is use to.  Problem is I’m not entirely sure what he was forced to do with …his previous owner. The prick. 

“Lokhart.” I waited until he looked up. “Come, sit on the couch, we need to talk about your duties. 

“Yes, sir.” He rose slowly and followed me to the couch.

When we were seated I turned to look him in the eye. “What were your previous responsibilities?”

“Um, I had m-many.” He seemed very nervous all of the sudden. 

“It’s alright, if you don’t want to share that with me yet.  How about for now you will stay in charge of the cooking and cleaning.  I’ll need a list of whatever you need by tomorrow so I can pick it up after work.  Deal?” I felt uneasy asking even this much of him…but I don’t know how else to do this.

“Y-yes, sir.”