Chapter Six

Chapter Six

The kiss only lasted a few more seconds, but I wish it would have lasted for eternity.  I know that's a bit extreme, but when you have lived the life I have over the past years you'd feel the same. TK pulled back and looked me in the eyes. It was way too intense.  I swear I saw all of my emotions playing through them.  

I sighed and did something I never in my life thought I could do again; I rested my head on his chest. To lean on someone else was a luxury I haven’t had since my mother passed.  

Almost as though he could read my mind TK said, "Would you tell me about yourself, your life then and before?"

“W-why?” If I open up to him, will I still be strong? Can I trust someone else again?

"I want to know you." He said it in a way I can't explain.  It was like he needed to get inside my head, inside of me? I don't know. That just sounded perverted.   

I took a deep breath, "Well you know my name," He nodded and waited for me to continue. "And my age." Gosh why was this so hard?

"Tell me about your parents." he said softly encouraging me.   

"um my mom's name was Marg, and my dad's was Herald. They were pretty strict but who wasn't."  I tried to laugh it off. "My mother was the one person I cared for the most. She passed away when I was thirteen."  

"I'm sorry Loki," and it seemed he meant it.   

"After that it was just me, my dad and my sister.  She was older than me by a year and a half, her name was Fay.  We were kind of close but not really. I don't really know why..." Deep breaths."When I was fifteen, my dad and sister went out for groceries. Well on the way back a drunk driver decided to side swipe them in order to pass. My dad lost control and crashed into a deep ditch. The police said it was instant. That they didn't suffer, but who knows."  

I could see the sympathy in his eyes. I had seen it so much back then that it had made me sick. But after all these years it felt weird to know someone else could care enough to feel my pain.  

***

I.can't stop this feeling in my chest. Loki has been through so much in his short life. Howcould he have handled it all alone?  I want to be the one he leans on now.  To be there for him. Will he let me?

"What happened after?" I know I shouldn't push, it's a lot to go through and he barely knows me.  But I want to know what he went through. How he came to be with that prick. If he say he doesn't want to say then I won't make him.   

He hesitated and then said, "After I was put into foster care.  I bounced around a bit seen as I was fifteen and not happy. When I was seventeen I went to live with my last set of fosters. They weren't horrible, at first. Then Neal, the dad, started to act weird. They started fighting a lot, money issues.  One night Neal dragged me out of bed and took me to this building with a lot of trash, people and crap."   

He is starting to struggle a lot more with this. I don't know how to comfort him. So reaching out, I touched his cheek gently. He flinched a little at first, but then leaned into my palm. I slowly pulled him forward until his other cheek rested on my shoulder. Moving my hand down to his back I waited for him to continue.   

He took a deep breath, sighed and then said, "It was late, Neal told me that I had to go in front of some people, to be good and not to talk back. When we entered the building I was forced to...to..."

"It's ok Loki, you don't have to finish if you don't want to." part of me wanted him to stop. I knew what he was going to say and I didn't know if I wanted to hear it.

"I want to, I need to." he sat up then. Immediately I missed him. He looked out the window unseeingly and stated, "I had to take off my clothes and stand on a platform. I was sold to the highest bidder."