Chapter Five

[sorry took a few days longer than I thought, we went camping so i had no internet!  I hope you enjoy this one]

Chapter Five

It was 4:30 and I was almost done in the bathroom daydreaming about the day before and TK’s arm around me, when I smelt it.  Burning.

Oh, SHIT! The chicken!

            I pulled the charcoaled meat out. God, what am I gonna do? I am in deep shit now.  Get rid of it and make something else fast.

As I was trying to come up with a new plan, I heard the key in the lock.

I ran.

***

I managed to get out of work a little early, hopefully now I can talk to Lokhart.  Inside the apartment I heard the sound of feet running as I unlocked the door.  When I was in the smell of burnt food hit me.

Hmmm…. it looks cleaner in here, if that is even possible, the kid is a genius with cleaning. In the kitchen was where I found the pan of burnt chicken.  I have a crappy electric oven, must be used to gas.             

Thinking he was in the bedroom I went to see how he faired.  However, he wasn’t in the bedroom, or the bathroom.

Did he leave?  I mean I don’t really own him, so he can go as he pleases, but I really hoped he stayed.  Does he even know that much around here?  We didn’t go very far the other day, what if he gets lost?

Wait, the door was dead bolted and he doesn’t have a key yet.  Ok, so he is in here, but why is he hiding?

“Lokhart?” Where should I look?

I opened the walk-in, the last place I can think to check.  From the far corner came a muffled sniffle.  I approached softly.  Moving back the clothing, and knelt in front of the boy.  He was curled up into a ball.

I touched him and he jumped.

“Don’t! Please don’t beat me! I didn’t mean to I was trying, really I was.  Don’t punish me please!”

“Lokhart,” I said softly as he was begging.

“It would have all been fixed at five when you got here at five I promise! Just take mercy-”

“Lokhart.” I said louder. He stopped then and peaked at me under his lashes.  So beautiful. “It’s ok.  Things happen. I am not mad.”  I grabbed his chin and forced him to look me in the eyes. “And I will never lay a hand on you in anger.”

***

He looked serious, but how could I trust him.  Buck always said I could trust him,, right before bad things happened.    TK slowly ran his thumb along my jaw and I began to relax.  His thumb crept up to my lower lip and I almost shivered.  When I was releasing my death grip on my legs, he slowly took my hand and started to help me up.

“Can I stay here a minute?”I asked looking down again.  I didn’t want him to know that his touching my face like that kind of turned me on.  And if I stood right now it would be quite obvious.  I was embarrassed enough as it was.

“Sure, take your time.  We’ll talk in the living room when you’re ready.”

He left then.  Ok, deep breaths. Think of buck, yup that’s doing the trick.  When the proof of my arousal went away I emerged from the closet with caution.  I moved to the living room and there he was on the couch again.  I couldn’t help remembering the other night, him just in boxers on the couch. Oh crap, Buck, Buck!

“Come, sit down, Lokhart”

I sat and blurted out, “You can call me Loki.” He looked puzzled for a second. “Instead of Lokhart, no one has called me that since my mother died.” I don’t know why I’m saying this.

“Loki.” He said testing the name.  “Is that what you where called….before?”

“No.”  I said relaxing a little into the conversation.  “I was just ‘boy’ or a bad name of some sort.  My friends called me Loki.”

He smiled. “Consider me a friend then?”

His smile was perfect. If you would have said so that first night, I would have denied he had one.

“I don’t know yet.”  I said honestly.  I don’t know what I would consider him yet.

His face turned serious, I missed the smile already.

“Loki, don’t be afraid of me please.”  He reached for my hand and I let him take it. You’re not going to be hurt anymore if I have any say in the matter, I promise.”

He caught my tear with his other hand.  I had no idea I had started crying, all I knew is that I believed him.  And that, to me, is amazing.  I sniffled and he pulled me forward.

            He kissed me then, his lips soft, not demanding or harsh.  So different from the few times Buck would “lower himself” to kiss me.  I couldn’t help but respond to him.  I was already trying to fight off the arousal he caused.  That would probably not be the best thing, to show him that he makes me that happy with just a simple kiss.

***

Loki’s eyes fluttered closed.  He didn’t push me away, so I depended the kiss.  He was kissing me back with questioning passion, that means he must like me a little right? I pulled him closer gently, letting him come on his own or protest if he wished.  He came with on his own, my heart clenched and then picked up speed.  Loki’s hands started to wander around my chest.  They felt so good but I held back.  I didn’t want to scare him off.