Chapter Four

[this one is kind of a filler chapter, so sorry, i hope it is still good though!  I will have the next chapter up by the end of the week hopefully!  Enjoy May<3]

Chapter Four

            Thankfully it is Sunday, so no work today.  After our talk last night, I let Lokhart clean up the kitchen, and then I took a shower.  It was a long one, I needed to soak out some of the stress this “ownership” thing is causing me.  After the shower I was drained.  It was still pretty early, but dark enough outside that I was able to warrant going to bed early. I told the boy where to find the clothes if he would like to shower and change for bed any time soon, and then I was passed out on the couch. 

            After I showed him the clothes though, I realized just before I passed out that we need to get Lokhart some clothes of his own.  Not that I mind seeing him in my clothes, but I bet he would feel more comfortable in his own. 

            So that’s what we’re going to do today.  Great, shopping. 

            “Lokhart,” I said, stopping him from washing the breakfast dishes. “How about we go to the mall today and get you some clothes.”  He looked at me funny and then said, “Like go outside?” He whispered this, sounding at once in awe and fear.

            “Yeah….? We have to go outside to get to the mall.”

            “Oh.”

            “Is everything ok?” I asked even though I knew something was up with him.

            “Y-yeah.”  He stuttered.

            “You can tell me if you want to, it’s ok.”

            “I-it’s just that I was never allowed to go anywhere or even outside…before.”

            That statement really pissed me off, that ass didn’t even allow the kid to go outside?! What the hell!?  I noticed Lokhart shrinking away in my anger.  Crap, I scared him.  I schooled my features and tried to speak calmly.

            “Don’t worry, I am not mad at you.  I just didn’t like that you were not allowed to enjoy the outdoors.” He relaxed a tiny bit after that but didn’t seem to let his guard down at all. 

            After getting ready, we left.  I kept a close eye on Lokhart.  If he has never really been outside before, how will he handle all of this?  I thought I should just guess his size and go on my own, but I really did not want to deny him this. 

            We got into my car and on to the road.  I leave in the city, so there is an abundance of people around.  Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that the boy was gripping the door handle hard and staring wide eyed out of the window.

            “You ok?” I said quietly as possible but enough for him to hear.

            He jumped at the sound still but replied. “Y-yeah, it’s a little surreal.  I haven’t been around this many people in a really long time.  I never realized.”

            “Realized what?”  I asked trying to keep him talking.  I want to know what he is thinking.  I want to know all about him. 

            “Just how I have changed in four years.”

            “Oh, yeah? We are here. You ready?”  He seems pretty nervous still.

            He took a deep breath and let it out. “Yes.”

            I got out of the car and went around, opening his door.  He stepped out slowly, but straightened up and looked towards me. 

“What now?” He asked.  He is looking to me for guidance, that’s good right? Does it me he trusts me? Or just that I’m his owner and am supposed to tell him what to do?

“Now we shop!”  I draped my arm around the boy to lead him to the entrance of the mall.  I did it to offer comfort to him, but it comforted me knowing that he didn’t drop my arm.

***

We spent the next few hours shopping.  I didn’t really know what size I was, so the first store we went to took a while.  TK guessed a sized at first, but everything I tried on was too big.  Every time we left a store TK would put his arm around me.  At first I didn’t do anything about it because I thought he was keeping me from running off.  Or maybe even staking his claim?  I don’t really know, but after a while, I didn’t want him to take it off.  I felt a small sense of despair each time we entered a store.  He would take his arm away to pick up different items.

When we went into a new store and TK went to pick up another shirt, I sighed.  I couldn’t hold it in, so I hoped he didn’t hear it.  No such luck.

“What’s wrong?” He said, looking into my eyes.  Wow.  So pretty, his eyes just draw me in.  So much so that it took his tiny smirk to snap me out of my staring contest.

“It’s nothing.” I quickly answered, not really remembering what it was in the first place.  Oh yeah, he took his arm away.

“Oh?”

“Just getting a little tired I guess.”  I lied quickly and quietly, hoping he wouldn’t notice. 

“Yeah, Am a too really.” He admitted. Whew, he didn’t notice, but now that he said I am pretty tired too.  “Think we got you enough for now?”

“Yeah, it’s more than enough.”  It was true, we have Five pairs of pants and shorts, Seven different styles of shirts, many undershirts, and Six different elastic shorts.  That is more then I have had in a really long time.  Even before Buck.

I didn’t realized how long we had been gone until we made it outside to the car.  I was dark, like really dark not just dusk.  We left around 10 this morning, and I’d guess it to be about 9 now.  We spent almost 12 hours in that mall.  No wonder I was starting to drift off. 

I stirred a little as I felt myself being lifted.  The car felt a little bumpy now, weird.  Then I was laying down on something soft.  That was the last thing I remembered.