Visiting Valadralia Part 1

I was hurried into a black car, and driven to a private airport nearby that I didn't know existed.

A sleek white plane was parked on the tarmac, with stairs attached.

"Princess, your brother will be on the plane waiting for you. Your body guards are already on the plane." The woman said from the passenger's seat.

"Brother?"

No one answered.

My life had changed rapidly within the past hour.

I was taken away from my perfectly normal life and put into a life I couldn't have ever fathomed, even in my wildest dreams.

I was guided to my seat. The plane was elegant, and spoke volumes about my real family's wealth. After a few minutes, a teenage boy sat directly across me.

I stared at him, as he stared back. His face was exactly the same as mine, except for a few small features, like his ears that stuck out.

There was no way. I had always believed that I was an only child, only for me to have a sibling.

"Hi Adalyn, I'm Adam. I'm your twin brother, older than you by thirteen minutes." He began quietly, his eyes sparking with excitement.

Scratch that. I had a secret twin brother.

I was speechless, Every few minutes, it seemed my life was getting crazier.

"Hi, Adam. I actually prefer to go by Ada." I began nervously.

"Splendid. I'm sure you've got a few questions, Ada."

I nodded, and began with the question that had been in my mind for the past hour.

"Why didn't anyone tell me? Why now?"

"Well, it's a long story. But I've got enough time to explain. 15 years ago, our country Valadralia was at war with Lyrafrance. They wanted our land, and they felt that eliminating all heirs to the throne would allow them to take over our land. Leopold, our oldest brother who is next in line to the throne, fled with our father, the King. Our mother, the Queen, fled with me, and the Queen's most trusted cousin fled with you. After the war ended, Our father and Leopold returned first, then our mother and I returned. Now you are returning. We've missed you."

"So we have another brother?"

I went from being an only child to having two older brothers.

"Yeah. He's pretty serious, but he has to be as our parents will be stepping down in a few years."

"Do you live in a castle?"

"Yeah, we'll be living in a castle from now on."

"How's life living in a castle?"

"Pretty cool, I know you'll like it."

Soon after, both of us felt asleep to the white noise generated by the plane.

Hours later, I was gently woken up by my brother, who had changed into a suit. He handed me a bag and pointed me towards the bathroom. I opened the bag, and saw a purple gown in it.

"It's for the pictures." Adam explained. I quickly changed, and brushed my medium length brown hair. As I stepped out of the bathroom, Adam grinned, and pointed to the island outside of the window.

"Welcome home, sister."

"It's beautiful" I gasped out loud.