A Normal Day

My full name is Adalyn Elizabeth Lillian Scott, but I also go by Ada. I used to be a normal teenager, worrying about the SATs and getting into college. After finding out that I'm royalty, my life has turned upside down, and inside out.

The day I found out, started out normally. I slammed the alarm clock, wrestled with my hair brush, and wore a floral dress with my favorite pair of Purple Doc Martens.

-- -- --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

I was sure my feet could be heard running down the stairs. Making a quick stop in the kitchen, I stuffed my math folder into my backpack and shoved a piece of toast in my mouth.

I thought I heard my parents call out something after me, but I was already late to the bus stop. My feet pounded on the hot asphalt. I could see my bus in the distance, and I knew I could make it. With a final push, I made it onto my bus.

I caught my breath only after I sat down.

"Forgot to set the alarm clock again, Ada?" my best friend Alfie asked me humorously.

All I could do was nod.

At the next stop, my two other best friends climbed onto the bus. Julia was one of our school's best mathletes, and Justin was on the football team. Our friend group was very diverse, and the diversity brought us together.

It was still the first week of school, and we all had different first period classes. As I walked to history, I realized that I was running late, so I began to sprint again.

As I slid into my desk, the bell rung. Shortly after, the intercom buzzed, and called some poor kid down to the front office. I settled down into my desk and began to take out my notebook, when I was nudged by the kid sitting behind me.

"Hey, are you Ada Scott? I think you were called to the front office."

"What? Why?"

The kid shrugged, and went back to scrolling on his phone.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion, then I collected my bag to go to the front office.

I hadn't done anything wrong, had I?