The Town Part Three: Coffee!

"Coffee!" I declared.

Everyone agreed. All of this intense gaming had made us all tired, and resting down for a bit wouldn't hurt.

We climbed aboard the carriage and made our way to the center of town.

"Usually Leo and I go here whenever we're back in town from school." Adam said, pulling open the door for Ada and her friends.

There was the topic again.

School.

I didn't want to talk about it. I knew it was inevitable that I would have to say goodbye to my friends at the end of this week and begin at a whole new school.

"So what's the best thing to get here?" Julia timidly asked.

"I love the latte, but the hot chocolate is out of this world." Adam.

We all ended up getting hot chocolates and muffins. Julia had pointed us to a corner seat, overlooking the townsfolk going about their day.

"So Adam, tell me about Leopold's whole issue." I slyly asked, swirling a straw in my drink.

"I'm not supposed to tell, but I have a feeling that I can trust you guys. Leopold is nearing the age to get married, and our parents have arranged a partnership with the country of Simbris to marry their daughter, princess Abigail." Adam started

"What's the problem? Leopold will gain more power and be married to a princess. What else would a guy want?" Julia interrupted.

"Yeah, but he likes someone else, who isn't a princess, and she goes to his school." Adam started again.

"So what's he gonna do?" Justin asked.

"He wants the proposal to be called off, but that's highly unlikely. If Leopold is really serious, he can renounce his claim to the throne, which will be embarrassing for him and our family. Then the next heir to the throne would be me, but Leo is the only one who has really trained for the job."

"How is the princess? Like, as a person?" I asked, sipping the hot chocolate.

"She's kind of stuck up. But she's been trained to lead as a queen."

"What about his girlfriend?" Alfie asked.

"From what I know, she's outgoing, and adventurous, but she wouldn't last at all as queen. The only reason she hasn't been named CEO is that her parents think she's not mature enough. I mean, she owns a race car team, prefers her hair neon orange, and loves to start fights. And the only reason she hasn't been expelled is that her parents' money practically runs the school."

All of our eyes widened in surprise.

"I didn't realize Leopold was into so much trouble." I responded after a few seconds.

Adam snorted.