The Hidden Room

As the car stopped in the circle in the front of the castle, I noticed that flowers and vines were adorned gracefully on the fence and the gates.

The gate opened, and Leopold walked out, followed by Adam. Adam put his hand out and pulled me out of the car and whispered in my ear.

"Welcome to your the castle, Ada".

Only then I noticed the crowd cheering and throwing flower petals at me. I followed my brothers to the front door until my gaze fell upon, perhaps the two most important people there. The King and Queen. The king was in a suit, and the queen was in a light peach colored dress that flowed around her, like a flower. She was holding a bouquet of flowers. They both looked quite young, but old enough for their position.

"My dearest Adalyn! I don't want to believe its been fifteen years since I last saw you. I hope you'll come to terms with what happened. I will see you again at the feast," the Queen said to me, handing me a bouquet of flowers.

I nodded my head, and smiled. Adam pulled my arm, and brought me inside the castle doors. Two grand staircases and a huge chandelier was in the main foyer. I spun my head around and awed at all the little details like the molding and the paintings in the main hall. Leopold brought us to the main living area and then to the dining room. Everything looked modest and antique.

"Doesn't this look boring?" Leopold asked mischievously.

"Yeah, it does." Adam responded similarly.

"I think it looks beautiful. Why?" I responded suspiciously.

"Then see this!", Leopold said, pulling a book from the bookshelf, which pulled the whole bookshelf away, as if it was a door.

A secret room appeared, with a TV, gaming system, and a really comfortable looking couch.

My jaw dropped.

I guess being a royal wouldn't be so boring after all.