The Town Part Two: The Arcade

I hadn't had a chance to leave the castle, as I was busy exploring inside. We looked out of the carriage in awe.

It felt like we were young children once again.

The carriage sped up shortly after we left the castle. All of us discussed places that they were eager to visit. I brought up the idea of the arcade and everyone seemed pretty excited to go there. It seemed as if Alfie forgot about the night before, leaving little tension in the group.

Adam told the driver of the carriage to go to the arcade, and sat back down. We were all very comfortable, and started talking again.

"Oh my gosh guys! Guess what? My parents and I are going to go on a cruise over summer. Like the one with the Disney stuff." Julia said excitedly.

"Wait, like a Disney cruise?" Alfie asked, scrunching up his face, "Aren't those for, like, little kids?"

"Shut up, Nathan! You're just jealous." She said laughing.

"How long are you going to be on your vacation?" Justin asked, worry seeping into his voice.

"I don't really know. Probably a week or so." She said, twirling her hair.

I leaned onto Alfie and whispered into his ear.

"They totally like each other. I mean, just look at them!"

Alfie snickered and responded, "Yeah, the other night they went up to their rooms together."

"Right! I call it." I whispered back.

"What are you talking about?" Adam asked us.

"Nothing." Alfie said quickly, leaving both of us giggling.

"O-kay." Adam said with a confused expression, and went back to playing around on his phone.

"Your highness, we have reached your destination." The driver said.

I looked out of the carriage, to see a small arcade building.

We all got off the carriage, and walked in through the glass doors.

"Hey Zane, I brought a few visitors with me. Is it alright if we book the building for the next hour?" Adam asked the man at the desk.

"Sure, I don't get much business in the morning. Smart of you to come in this early, Adam." Alfred said.

Adam walked over to a coin machine and swiped a card through it. Immediately, coins started filling up in a bucket that was placed on the floor. We all looked on in awe. I hadn't been in an arcade since I was ten.

"Hey guys, this bucket is going to be our 'stash'. We can use these coins for every game in this arcade. Let's go!" Adam said, leading the way.

We followed him into the arcade, laughing in joy.

I ran to a racing arcade, and raced against Justin. Alfie raced against Adam, and Julia cheered us on.

"Wait! No! Stop winning!" I yelled loudly.

"Ha! I beat you." He cackled.

"No fair, let's play again" I said, putting another coin into the slot.

"Fine, but I'll beat you again."

"We'll see about that!"

After losing to Justin, I gave up my seat to Julia and looked for another game to play.

There were so many games to choose from, and I ended up picking Tomb Raider.

"Wait, do you all want to play air hockey? I'll beat all of you." Nathan yelled, standing at the table. 

"No, I'm way better than you!" I yelled before running up to the table. We slipped a coin into the machine and grabbed the puck.

We battled for dominance. Our paddles loudly smacking the puck as it slid from side to side. My arms lifted up as I won the final shot.

"Way to lose, Alfie!" I teased him, sticking my tongue out childishly.

The hour quickly flew by, and we were sitting in the carriage again.

"So where are we going now?" Julia asked.

"Coffee!" I declared.