The Town Part One

He stopped outside my room and left for his own room. I walked into my room and sat in the chair. School would be started a week after my friends left. This week was all I had left.

Minutes later, Melissa entered my room with my pajamas and make-up remover.

"Your Majesty, forgive me for asking but how was your dinner?" she enquired curiously.

"It went well, but they were upset that I wouldn't be returning to America." I said sadly.

"It's alright, your majesty. You have this week, spend it wisely." Melissa said.

"But what should I do with them?" I asked, turned my head from the mirror to her.

" I hear the town is very popular with the tourists. You could visit with them, and also meet your own people." Melissa said, brushing my hair.

"Good idea, Melissa." I said thoughtfully.

She left the room and I slipped into my pajamas.

I turned off my lamp, and fell into bed.

The next morning, I woke up early and did some research on popular tourist destinations. Scratching my head, I realized that I should ask the people at the castle. I fell off the bed ungracefully and changed into sweatpants and a loose t-shirt. Throwing my hair in a bun, I strode into the hallway. I saw a maid almost faint when she saw me. I laughed.

I ran to the bookshelf and slipped into the hidden room. My brothers were already in there and playing on the Xbox. I sat in the spot between them and grabbed a controller.

"Good morning, Ada. How was your sleep?" Leo asked without taking his eyes off the screen.

"It was decent. Do you guys have any recommendations of places in the town? I still don't really know everything around here." I asked. "I'm thinking of a coffee shop, and an arcade. Do you guys have any other places?"

"Yeah. I think there's a good coffee shop in the square, and a decent arcade uptown. I think that there is also a carnival that ends tomorrow. " Adam said, pausing to take a sip of his drink.

"Alright. If you guys want to come with us, just text me." I said before standing up and leaving.

I walked out into the hallway and went back to my room. My friends probably weren't even up yet. Plus, breakfast would be served at eight, and it was only seven.  Melissa came in a few minutes after I had settled down and started fixing up my hair. I wanted to go for a casual look so I asked Melissa if she could leave my hair alone. She agreed and returned back to my closet for different clothing. She came back with a brown leather jacket, a top and some skinny jeans. I changed into them and grabbed a baseball cap from my suitcase on my way out.

It felt weird having someone else do all of these mundane tasks for me, tasks that I used to do not that long ago.

It was almost eight, so I went down to the dining hall. We would be eating a simple breakfast before leaving for the town.  From what I had gathered, the town was the capitol of Valadralia. It also had a name, Yarrin [Yaa-Rin], but people just called it the town as it was the biggest city in Valadralia. Valadralia was founded around the same time many of the other European countries were founded, and it incorporated other cultures into it's own.

"Good morning, Your Majesty! Breakfast has been set, and your companions have been seated." A maid said as I entered the hall.

I thanked her and sat down. The cooks had cooked waffles, my personal favorite. Everyone was too busy eating to notice me. I also started to dig in. After my third waffle, Adam walked in.

"Apparently I'm going to "chaperone" you guys." He said exaggerated, putting up air quotes when he said chaperone. "and we're to leave in a few minutes. The carriage is parked outside."

"Carriage? Like horses?" Julia asked, her mouth still chewing her food.

"Yep. We have a horse farm not too far from here. Maybe we can go tomorrow." Adam answered.

After all of us finished eating, we followed Adam outside, and saw a carriage waiting for us.

"This is like a fairytale!" Julia shrieked in excitement.

We laughed as she went to pet the horses. Julia had grown up on a farm, and loved animals.

"Climb in, everyone. Remember to grab a blanket; the mornings are cold in Valadralia." The middle-aged coachman called out. Adam, Julia and I sat on one side, and Alfie and Justin sat on the other. We grabbed a blanket and the coach started to move.

I hadn't had a chance to leave the castle, as I was busy exploring inside. We looked out of the carriage in awe.

It felt like we were young children once again.