1: Stolen Kisses

"Hey Henry,"I greeted the guy behind the cash register. He had dirty blonde hair and light brown eyes,"How's your shift going?"

He shrugged and rolled his eyes,"Same old, same old."

"At least you got the late morning shift. One time I had to work from five to eight and I thought I was going to die,"I scowled remembering that horrible morning.

He laughed and said,"I feel much better now. So what can I get for you on this fine morning?"

I seemed to think about it, but in reality I already had a drink in mind,"I'll have a Tall Cinnamon Dolce Latte with whole milk, hold the whipped cream."

"So, your usual then?"he smirked.

I winked,"Yes, sir."

His ears tinted pink, making him look even more adorable, and I held in a chuckle. I kind of knew that he had a small crush on me and it was always fun to mess with him.

"O-Okay. Your drink will be done shortly. Do you want to pay, or minus it from your paycheck?"he stuttered.

I was feeling lazy so I said,"Paycheck."

He nodded and then scrambled off to get my drink. I decided to walk over to a booth and sit down. I looked out the window as all of the people hurried to get to places, whether it be in a car or on foot. I brought my eyes away from the window and took my phone from my pocket. I checked the time and saw that I had twenty minutes til my first class. Perfect.

"Danielle?"I heard Henry call.

I hastily stood up and walked to the counter, where I saw Henry stood nervously holding my drink.

"Here's your coffee. You look great, by the way,"he said, looking at my outfit.

This time it was my turn to blush,"Thank you."

"Do you want to hang out some time?"he said, faking confidence and nonchalance.

What could be the harm?"Sure. We can schedule it after my shift this afternoon, okay?"

He nodded vigorously and said,"See you then."

"Bye,"I called over my shoulder as I walked away.

I walked hastily to campus, sipping at my coffee as I went. I made it to my lecture in the nick of time, only to find the class almost empty. The only other person was a guy that I recognized as Brandon.

"Where is everyone?"I asked my professor, sitting down and taking out my song book.

He sighed and rolled his eyes,"I'm guessing they are currently nursing a hangover from the famous Roy Garrett's party last night."

Shaking my head, I returned,"Ouch. I don't get what the fuss is. He's just a guy. A good looking guy, but a douche bag guy none-the-less."

He narrowed his eyes at my use of words, but other-wise ignored my comment. He walked to the front of the class and began to teach, starting with scales. My voice had a smooth touch, thanks to the warm, silky coffee I had just induced. Then, we went on to sing our warm-up song, a song that was beginning to grow on me, even though I'm a more rock oriented artist.

I've never seen a diamond in the flesh
I cut my teeth on wedding rings on the movies

And I'm not proud of my address
In a torn-up town, no post-code envy

But every songs like gold teeth, grey goose, trippin' in the bathroom
Blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel rooms
We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams
But everybody's like Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair