iii : first day

"Olivia!" She heard a voice call, before she felt a sharp pain going through her sleepy body before she landed on the floor. Still half asleep, she looked up to see Marie brushing her hair, her face plastered with a smirk. "Morning sunshine".

"Where is Delia?" Olivia grumbled, as she stood up and marked the page of the book she had been reading the night before until she fell asleep.

"She just went to the bathroom. Should be back any moment actually". Olivia nodded. She looked over at the clock on the wall. 7:04. She decided to start getting ready for their first day of Sixth Year.

Because she already had a shower the night before and due to the fact that she was feeling particularly lazy that morning, Olivia decided against having one again that morning. She put on her uniform and tied her deep blue and bronze tie neatly before she slipped on her socks and shoes.

She exited Ravenclaw tower and breathed in the cool and refreshing morning air. The sweet smell of morning dew filled the air and made her sigh deeply. She always forgot just how big of a place Hogwarts held in her heart.

Many older students like herself had just started making their way to the Great Hall to enjoy a delicious breakfast. Olivia already knew some first years would be there already, making sure not to be late on their first day. She was like that once.

Olivia stood outside the Great Hall, the smell of sausages, eggs and bacon overwhelming her. The sudden realisation that she would not have anyone to sit with hit her, as her girl friends were all still getting ready. She frowned, but sat down at the Ravenclaw table.

Olivia was in the middle of her breakfast, two slices of buttered toast, when someone sat down beside her. She figured that it was most likely a person she didn't know or wasn't friends with, so she politely ignored them. That was until they started poking at her sides.

Olivia quickly snapped her head, about to tell off the person for being unable to understand social cues, before she saw who it was. Paxton sat there with his signature grin and his blue eyes filled with amusement. "Oh it's you". Olivia said, unamused.

"Ah. Good morning Miss Delvano, Mr Riheart. I have your schedules here". The small squeaky voice of Professor Flitwick said from behind and handed Olivia and Paxton a piece of paper.

"Morning, Professor". They both chorused, looking at the paper in their hands curiously.

"Olivia, can you give these to Miss Cellgoto and Miss Lundia?" Flitwick asked, as he handed Olivia three timetables. She nodded politely and he smiled gratefully. "Thank you. Have a nice day". He said to them both, before he left to give out more schedules.

As if on cue, Cordelia and Marie came dashing into the hall, knocking students out of the way and McGonagall scolding them. They slid into the bench and took a minute to catch their breath before Marie spoke. "Did you hear?"

"Hear what?" Olivia asked dumbfounded. "Oh you're timetables are here"

"Thanks. Oh! James Potter and Severus Snape were duelling and and Potter turned his hair bright pink". Marie said, unable to contain her laughter and bursting into uncontrollable giggles. Olivia chuckled.

"He deserved it. He's a down right git". After their laughter had died down, Olivia spoke up again. "What do I have today?". Cordelia picked up her schedule and read it aloud.