xii : regulus black

The events of the Halloween Ball had been relatively uneventful after Olivias confrontation with Regulus Black. It had been a week since then, and every chance she got, Olivia would give him the foulest of looks. She didn't care if he saw. In her eyes, it was tame compared to what she wished she could do.

Olivia had been in a particular snappish mood that entire day, and nothing seemed to be going right for her. She had awoken late, and missed out on half of Transfiguration class. She forgot her Divination homework, which caused her to earn detention scrubbing dried tea leaves out of tea cups with Professor Strangesock. And finally, she had been trying to read one passage from her textbook for the past half an hour, with no luck.

For some reason, the library was particularly loud and busy that day, and Madame Pince didn't seem to be doing anything about it, which was extremely out of character for someone so strict. Feeling as though her head was about to explode, she hastily gathered her things, and stormed out of the library.

Her arms were full, and she could already feel some of her books slipping, so it didn't help when she collided with a person just as they came around the corner. Olivia dropped all of her books with a loud thud, and she swore under her breath. Her day just seemed to be getting worse and worse.

"Delvano." Said the person she ran into. God, someone has it out for her today, she thought to herself.

"Don't touch my stuff, Black. You'll probably curse my books because I'm hanging out with halfbloods." Olivia said, as she got to her knees and started collecting her books.

"You're still hung up on that? I thought you didn't care about my opinion?" He asked her.

"I don't." Olivia said, her cheeks growing slightly red. "Not at all. But there's a difference between stating your opinion and being outright hateful towards someone. You are just plain ignorant."

"Look Delvano. I apologise for what I said. I know that's what you want. yeah I simply thought that, because your family is like mine, that-" He started.

"My family is nothing like yours." Olivia snapped, looking back up at him.

He sighed. "I just meant that we were raised in a similar environment." He replied curtly. "And what I mean by that is my family, like yours, and like many other pureblood families, often have similar ideologies. I didn't know you were different."

Olivia stood up and she eyed him suspiciously, her books now firmly gripped in her arms. "What do you want, Black?"

"Just to apologise, that's all." He said. He towered over her in height, despite the fact that they were still five feet away.

"And do you mean your apology?"

"Yes."

"Okay." She whispered, brushing past him and heading back down the corridor, still in a bad mood.