x : slughorns dinner party

After a day full of completing assignments, Olivia was extremely tired. Students gathered in the Great Hall, as the professors would be waking up soon. Students were scattered here and there, looking eagerly at the sleeping professors. Olivia was sitting with her friends at the Ravenclaw table, engrossed in a conversation.

"Looking forward to Slughorns party?" Cordelia asked Olivia.

"Oh, dreadfully excited". She replied sarcastically, playing with a loose bit of her robes. "I don't know why he holds these stupid parties. I mean, no one who got to them actually likes-"

Olivia was interrupted by Kians hand covering her mouth. Olivia looked at him in confusion. He was holding a finger up to his lips and pointing at the front of the room.

Olivia whipped around to see the professors droopy eyes starting to flutter open. By now, the whole hall had gone so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

One by one, the professors eyes opened and darted around the room. They each stood up, knees wobbly and asleep. Dumbledore was the first to speak.

"I'm not mad. Nor am I going to punish whoever is responsible for this. These people gave us some well needed rest and I'm sure we are all grateful for that". He said, indicating the professors behind him. "But I do ask that I see those responsible in my office after this.

"As for the rest of you, I can see that you've had quite the feast today". He explained, looking at the piles of half-eaten food on the table. "I ask that you all head off to bed. We will have classes tomorrow and will have to catch up on work we've missed out on. Goodnight all". Dumbledore said wisely as students began to head back to their common rooms.

"And another thing..." A voice echoed through-out the Great Hall. Olivia groaned and slowly turned around. "Those of you who will be attending my party tonight, I remind you that the dinner will start at 7:30 sharp". Slughorn announced, clapping his great hand together.

Olivia groaned to Kian. "Why can't Slughorn just realise nobody wants to got to his stupid parties". she said, kicking her feet on the ground.

"I know. If it weren't for your parents being Slytherins, I bet he wouldn't gives you a half glance". Kian said, pushing the hair out of his face. "But still, you'd better get ready for tonight."

Olivia shot him a look of disgust, utterly dreading the night ahead.

Olivia finished brushing the last strand of hair and looked in the mirror. She was wearing a silk red dress that fit her figure nicely along with a black, floor-length jacket. Her hair was in a messy ponytail on the top of her head and several strands falling onto her face.

"Holy! You look stunning." Cordelia squealed, jumping off her bed. Olivia turned to face with a scowl.

"Stop that."

Cordelia scoffed. "Come on, Olivia. You look beautiful."

Olivia bit her lip. She hated getting compliments. She looked in the mirror one last time. "Thank you."

She glanced at the clock, and saw that it was already after 7 o'clock. She swore, grabbing her clutch purse and racing out the door. She hated being late. Slughorns party was on the other side of the castle, it would take her another 10 minutes to get there.