Chap 7 "Avoiding The Subject"

Lea's POV
I woke up, showered and got dressed for the day. I made my bed to save Trudy the trouble. There was knock on my door. "Come in," I replied.
Nick walked in and closed the door. "Wow, this sure looks nice and comfortable," Nick looked around.
"What do you want?" I asked.
"Well, I know how you like me to get ready early," Nick nodded. "I just need help with the cufflinks. They were my dad's."
"No problem," I smiled. I helped Nick with his cufflinks and straightened out his bowtie. "You were always a handsome guy, Nick."
"Thanks," Nick smiled. "Have you found out what you're wearing yet?"
"Yes and I'm not telling anyone," I smiled. "So you'll just have to see for yourself."
"I will," Nick nodded. "So, have you decided where -"
"I'm having a fashion crisis," Nova cut Nick off as she walked in wearing a horrible dull orange dress. "I'm -" She saw my room and looked around. "Wow! This room is beautiful."
"Nova, focus," I snapped. "Now, what?"
"Fashion crisis," Nova pointed at her dress.
"Ew, burn that," I replied. I looked at the dress. "Wait, is that the red dress you had for that one girls sweet sixteen?"
"Yeah, it was blood red when I packed it and now it's like this," Nova replied. "Help me Lea!"
"Hun, you wouldn't want to wear red on a red carpet anyways," I replied. "I have a dress for you. Just, trash that."
"Alright," Nova left.
"Is your best friend always like that?" Nick asked.
"No," I smiled. "What were you saying?"
"Have you thought about where we should start things?" Nick asked. "Like where we left off?"
"Nick, the last time we saw each other was at your wedding," I replied. "And where we left off was when I said I'm glad you found someone you could share your life with."
"I was hoping we could rebuild our relationship both professionally and intimately," Nick replied as he grabbed my hands. "Come on, Lea. I know you still feel the same way you did when we were teenagers."
"Nick, that's what I'm trying to figure out myself," I replied as I pulled my hands away. "After I thought I had locked those away for good, you show up again. You show up right when I knew what I wanted in life." I looked Nick straight in the eyes. "And with you here now, everything is gone. I'm not so sure what I wanted in life is what I want in life."
"What is it that you want in life?" Nick asked.
There was a knock. "Come in," I sighed. Trudy opened the door. "Yes, Trudy?"
"A Mr. Blake English is here to see you, accompanied by a Mr. Jayk Purdy, Mr. Drew Ryan Scott, and Mr. TC Carter," Trudy smiled.
"I'll be down in a minute," I nodded. Trudy left and closed the door. "Nick, all I know is that I can't keep spending the rest of my life on hold." I ran downstairs and gave Blake a hug. "You came back."
"I was only gone for the night," Blake replied as he hugged me. "What's gotten into you?"
"Just missed you," I smiled. I gave all the other guys a hug. "I thought I told you that I won't be here."
"You did but Jayk and I were hoping to move in while you girls were out," Blake nodded. "Is there someone going to be here other than Jimmy and Trudy?"
"Yeah, there is," I nodded. "Manda, can you come here for a second?"
"What is it?" Amanda asked.
"Amanda Rollins will be here while I go to the premiere with Nova," I replied.
"What about the other guy?" Jayk asked.
"Nick," Amanda called.
"Yeah?" Nick asked joining us.
"He's going with Nova and I," I sighed. "As a body guard."
"Didn't realize you needed a guard," Blake replied.
"Me neither," I sighed. "But they're here because of Olivia and I can never say no to them." We all walked to the living room. "They've been there for me."
"What is it with your ties and the NYPD?" Drew asked.
"Well, when I was younger Captain Craigen knew that I looked a lot like the victims that have been killed when I went to the precinct with my mom," I sighed. "I was put to work as bait and Nicky, here, was put to work for me." I looked at Nick. "I guess once Olivia saw how great I was, I'm an unpaid involuntary work for then whenever needed and my mom didn't like that too well." I looked at everyone. "But Nick and I escaladed to a year and half relationship until we broke up. After that, I saw him at his wedding when I was seventeen and haven't seen him since. Till now."
"You broke up with her to get married?" Blake asked.
"It wasn't like that," I nodded. "He dated Maria for two years before getting married and the divorce was finalized two years ago."
"Let me just tell you one thing," Blake replied. "I've had the privilege of knowing this girl since she was eighteen." I smiled at Blake. "I even got the chance to serenade her. She's one amazing woman." I looked at the floor. "I can't say girl because she's so much more than that."
"Blake, stop," I smiled. I could feel myself turning pink. "Can I talk to you?" Blake nodded and followed me to the kitchen. "What are you doing?"
"I'm just speaking the truth," Blake shrugged. "What's wrong with that?"
"Nick has anger issues," I replied. "He won't lay a hand on a female but he would sure would on a guy." I looked at Blake. "I just don't want you to get hurt."
"And he would hit me?" Blake asked.
"I've known Nick for a long time and trust me, he would if you piss him off," I nodded. "So, please watch what you say."