Chap 15 "Release Party"

Lea's POV
I was standing backstage with my countrymen mic on me. "I can't believe I agreed to this," I sighed.
"Hey," Blake showed up and gave me a hug. "You're going to do great."
"Thanks," I sighed. "I feel like I'm not."
The lights went out. "That's your cue," Blake nodded. "Go."
I walked out onstage and got into position with my dancers. The music started and I put on a smile. "Plug in the mic, open the curtains," I sang as I turned around and the curtains opened. "Turn on the lights, I'm through rehearsing." The lights got a bit brighter. "The feeling ignites, I'm in control
The crowds in the palm of my hands. All my fans stand, what is the truth?" We kept dancing. "What's an illusion? You're searching for proof. But are you certain? Whatever you see is what you get. If words paint a picture, then I betcha I can getcha yet." I smiled at the crowd and I saw Nick. "I'll make you believe in me. I can be what you want me to be. Tonight is the night, where I make you see that I can be anything, anything, anything." The boys of After Romeo got onstage and started dancing the same choreo that we had. 'I'll make you believe in me. I can be what you want me to be. Tonight is the night, where I make you see that I can be anything, anything, anything." Blake and I started dancing the duet dance he taught me. I smiled because it went perfectly with the beat but didn't distract from the original choreo. "I got nothing to lose, I've been exposed. I'm paying my dues, playing the role. I'm breaking the rules, flowing the flow. I've got the whole world nodding yes like some bobble heads." I smiled as we went back to the original routine. "I'll break a sweat, if you wanna. Confess all your sins, you know you got 'em. The rooms in a spin, the fever's pitched. I swear there's no doubt I'm legit, I'm no counterfeit." I got Nova onstage as well to dance. "I'll make you believe in me. I can be what you want me to be. Tonight is the night, where I make you see that I can be anything, anything, anything. I'll make you believe in me. I can be what you want me to be. Tonight is the night, where I make you see that I can be anything, anything, anything." I saw my mom in the audience, eyes glued on me like she's staring into my soul. She was angry but I was doing something I love. "I'm not shy, oh! I can be what you want. Your bright shiny toy, you just have to respond. The clock never stops, but, baby, it's time. There's no doubt in my mind that I can make you believe." I smiled as Blake handed me a bouquet of roses. "I can be what you want me to be. Tonight is the night, where I make you see that I can be anything, anything, anything. I'll make you believe in me. I can be what you want me to be. Tonight is the night, where I make you see that I can be anything, anything, anything. You want from me."
The song ended and everyone applauded. Blake hugged and and so did Nova. "I'm so proud of you," Nova smiled.
"Azalea Lea Renee Bishop," Mom scolded at me. Blake stood behind me. "How dare you chose something I did not plan for you! What are you wearing?! And your hair!"
"Something called a dress and dye," I replied. "I love my hair."
"You're going back to NYC right now," Mom grabbed my wrist.
"No, I'm not," I pulled away. "I'm an artist now and I'll always be. A gun isn't suppose to be in my hands or making me a possible target." I looked at her. "So, tell me. How many people did you screw over in LA and having me to carry the burden since I have the last name?"
"I don't know what on Earth you're talking about," Mom played dumb.
"Don't pull that on me," I nodded. "Do you remember a Thomas Sangster?" I can see the look in her eyes when the memories for that name came back. "He wouldn't even talk to me anymore because of you. You denied him a restraining order when he had every requirement he needed to file for one." I looked at her. "I sent him to Patrick and Patrick allowed the order. He still talks to me but not as much as he used to."
"What are you imposing?" Mom asked.
"I'm going to be a performer," I smiled. "With my best friends, my boyfriend, and..." Nova held my hand and I smiled at her. "My second half. We are one family and we're going to be living together and touring together." I looked at Nick. "And I'm going to take Detective Nick Amaro put from NYPD SVU and have him be my personal body guard."
"I can live with that," Nick smiled.
"Not if I take the house from you," Mom crossed her arms.
"Not a chance," I nodded. "I found the will Dad had left me. The California estates is in my name. My name, not yours." I smiled. "The house is mine."
"Trust fund," Mom added.
"Changed to a checking account when I was eighteen," I nodded. "I'm not going to work for the government. That's the end of it."
"Lea," Jonnie got onstage. "Your song just got a million hits on YouTube already." I smiled. "People are starting to pre-order it."
"You're a hit," Blake smiled.
"Because of you," I nodded. "You helped me when I thought about the charge too much." Mom walked away. "She just basically disowned me."
"You're your own person," Blake smiled. "Be what you want to be."
"Yeah," I smiled. "I love to sing."