Chap 12 "Too Late"

Nova's POV
I was under the impression that Lea wasn't coming back. It's been almost a month and I've been with Jayk the past three and a half weeks. I was going with Jayk to Vegas for a while just to think about what my next step would be. Although, I was prepared for Lea just in case she came back, so, I wrote her a note and left it on the kitchen counter. I couldn't leave her in the blue even if I wanted to.
-----
Lea,
By the time you read this, I'm probably already gone. I went with Jayk to think about what my next move would be. You've been gone for a month and haven't came back. I think you've made your decision pretty clear to me. I understand that you can't leave the life you were born in.
Sometimes, we have to break that cycle ourselves. I didn't want to go back to Philly nor live in LA without my best friend. Now, I'm not so sure what we are anymore. Like I said it's been a month and not so much of a phone call. So I took that as a goodbye LA, I'm home NYC mental note.
I hope you're happy if you did decide to stay in NYC. I'll be back after the weekend.
~Nova
-----
"Nova, come on," Jayk called. "We don't have all day."
"I'm coming," I sighed. I grabbed my duffel and got into the car with Jayk. "I left a note."
"For who?" Jayk asked. "Lea?" I sighed. "Baby girl, she would've already been back by now if she knew it wasn't the life she wanted."
"Jayk, I wanted to be thorough," I nodded. "Going back to Philly is a last resort and I'm not moving to NYC. If I hit the road with you, how am I going to make my money."
"I'll take care of you," Jayk nodded.
"Jayk, I need to make my money too," I sighed.
"You didn't say where we were going, did you?" Jayk asked.
"No," I sighed. "But I have a feeling Jimmy or Trudy might have heard over conversation."
"That's just great," Jayk sighed.
"What is?" I asked.
"Lea can get on a plane anytime she pleases," Jayk sighed. "You know, her and Nick, aren't just friends. They're a couple."
"What are you talking about?" I asked.
"Blake saw them kissing each other the night of the premiere in the kitchen," Jayk explained. "That's what Blake told me. He saw them locking lips a little after she picked up glass off the floor."
"I think you've got it all wrong," I nodded. "Lea wouldn't intentionally hurt Blake like that."
"Because she didn't," Jayk sighed. "He was spying and that's what he saw."
"I know Lea wouldn't hurt Blake like that," I nodded. "I know she wouldn't." We pulled up to Jayk's place. "Is that your parents car?"
"No," Jayk nodded. "They went to the store."
We got out of the car. Nick and Lea were watching us from the front porch. Lea and I ran into each other's arms. "I made a huge mistake!" Lea cried. "I never should've left you here and I never should've went back in the first place."
"I've missed you too," I sighes.
"But you have some explaining to do," Lea held up the note. "How can you leave me a note like this and expect me to be okay?"
"Mom," I shrugged.
"I'll grab my weapons and take them down with you," Lea nodded.
"Best friend," I sighed.
"Now, we have to make sure everything is legal so we don't get caught," Lea added.
"There's my second half," I smiled. "You have some explaining to do yourself."
"What?" Lea asked.
"Jayk told me Blake saw you kiss Nick?" I questioned.
"He did?" Lea asked. "Oh my god. I didn't mean to hurt him. I thought no one was around." She faced palmed herself. "That was way out of context. Nick gave me a small kiss to say he's sorry."
"A kiss to say sorry?" Jayk asked.
"We talk like best friends, acts like lovers kind of thing," Lea shrugged. "Nick and I aren't in a relationship we just decided on the first phrase. Talk like best friend and -"
"Act like lovers," Nick nodded as he put his arm around Lea. "Unless we get into a relationship then ours is cut."
"Is Blake still hurt?" Lea asked.
"Considering be asked for the whole house to himself for the weekend," Jayk nodded. "With 10 being pretty hurt."
"I need to talk to him," Lea sighed.
"Ah, talks later," I replied. "We are taking the five hour ride trip back to LA."
"Someone else is driving," Jayk crossed his arms.
"Try an hour and a half plane ride," Lea replied.
"We should've done that instead," I sighed.
"In a private jet," Lea smiled.
"Now that's exactly what we need to talk about when we are up in the air," I smiled. "Jayk and Blake had your after summer planned out for you." We got on the plane and headed to LA. "Blake and Jayk got you an audition for their record label. Jonnie will manage you."
"What about you?" Lea asked.
"Don't worry about me," I nodded. "I'll be on tour with you and the guys."
"Tour?" Lea asked. "I'm going on tour?"
"You're their opening act," I smiled.