4. Sweet

Later that day:

"Uhhhhhh! Are we almost there?!" I asked Gilbert.

"No."

"Why not?!"

"Because you walk really slow."

"Na-uh!" I looked up and noticed that he was 5 feet away from me.

'I'm so slow!' I thought.

I ran up to where he was and said,

"Hi ya!"

"What do you want?"

*Gasp* "You don't have to be so mean!" I said. "Hey, since we still have a long way to go...umm...let's talk about something."

"What do you want to talk about?" asked Gilbert.

"I don't know. Whatever. I guess."

"Fine. What's your favorite color?" he asked.

"Purple! I love purple! It reminds me of my old room. It was covered in purple. Like, everywhere you looked you saw the color purple. Anyways, what's your favorite color, Nightray-kun?"

"Black."

"I can tell," I said as I looked at him from head to toe.

'He really does love black,' I thought.

"My turn. Have you...umm...ever had a boyfriend?" he asked nervously.

'Well, that's random,' I thought.

"Yes. But, he left me when I told him that I was part cat. We were walking in the park and talking about eachother when I decided it was time to tell him my difference between everybody else. So, I told him, and right that moment he left me. I went to school the next day and everybody was making fun of me and they called me 'kitty' and stuff like that. They treated me like a cat! It was so embarrassing! I left school and decided to move to another town. I left to Wakamaya and looked for a new job there. Even though I lived in another town that was 27.4 miles (32 minutes) away from Wakamaya. I really thought that he loved me! But I guess I was wrong! Ever since that day I've never had a boyfriend. Ever."

Gilbert looked at me with sad eyes. I looked up at him and said,

"You know, you're like the only true friend that I've ever had. You're always there for me and you always got my back. That's why you're my best friend. I love you. But as a friend!"

He hugged me and said,

"You are a pain, Katsumi. But I'm okay with that. 'Cause that's what makes you you. So please, don't ever change for a guy or anyone else. Okay?"

"Hmm! I promise! And you too!" I said as I gave him my pinky and closed it with his pinky. "I pinky promise!"

"You're such a child," Gilbert said as he chuckled a little.

"Well, atleast I'm not afraid of cats."

"Hey! Those things are freaky!"

"Well, I happen to be relatives with them."

"Yeah, but you're human. So it's okay."

'He just said I was human. He's so sweet. I love him soooooo much. Like a friend of course!'