4

My eyes close and I take a deep breath, pushing the doors open to the gala where the party is held. My feet walk down the stairs and I make my way over to where my father is sitting. He kisses both of my cheeks and we sit together, my hand taken in his while men come and go through our table.

His phone rings and he answers it, immediately yelling.

"Get your ass here. If you're not here, I will drop you and make sure no one else takes you," he grits, assumingly to Harry.

After a few more disputes, he hangs up and I excuse myself to use the bathroom. I walk down the hall and open the door, using the facilities. After washing my hands, I walk out and the footsteps behind me get faster.

A hand grabs my wrist and I'm tugged into the wall, Harry's body standing over me.

"What did I fucking tell you about this dress?" he asks, my chest moving quickly at how this happened.

"You can't say that," I breathe out, his attempt to control me not going to work.

"Oh really? Because I think what I said damn well applies," he states, his hands holding my wrists against the wall. I'm confused as to how the entire hallway is empty.

"What are you implying?" I weakly say, his green eyes looking at me in a way I've never seen. His pupils are dilated and his lips are perfect. Damn it, Viv. Why did she have to bring up crushes?

"I should just fuck you. Show you who's in control," he says, his voice husky and filled with lust. My lower lip is taken between my teeth, my body betraying me as I feel so completely turned on.

"If you want to fuck me," I start, moving my arms so they're released. "You have to take me on a date first."

With that, I walk away and feel my aroused body weaken as I make my way to my dad's table again. I sit down and we're served dinner, Harry deciding to sit directly across from me. His unhappy behavior is insane to how smooth he is with words. But he's watching me the entire time. I can't look up from my food because I know I'll meet his gaze right away.

"Davenport, may I dance with your beautiful daughter?" someone asks, my head turning to meet the eyes of a cute man. His brown hair is styled back and my father allows it, my hand taken in his. It takes everything in me not to look Harry's way and we reach the dancefloor, his hands setting on my waist while my arms go around his neck.

"I'm Liam. I was just trying to save you from the burning stare of Harry Styles."

It makes me laugh and he smiles, my eyes looking back up at him. "He's intimidating. I'm Lennon, by the way," I say, his head nodding.

"I know. You were named after John Lennon," he recalls, my lips releasing a groan.

"Don't bring that up. It's a man I'm named after," I say, his laugh so sweet.

"It's alright. He's legendary," he tries to lighten the mood, my lips only curving.

"Just like that smile," he compliments, my cheeks flushing with a blush.

My hands trail to his neck and we keep dancing, the moment perfect. I never danced like this in high school. It was always crazy dancing because it was always having fun with friends. This is the serious dancing.

It comes to an end when a tattooed hand pushes against Liam's chest, my hands moving away. My head turns to see Harry glaring at Liam, his eyes alone enough to make Liam part from me. But he grabs my hand and kisses the back.

"It was nice meeting you," he says, walking away. I smile over at him and that's when Harry steps in my way.

"Why?" is the first thing out of my mouth and he takes hold of my hand. He moves his hand to my waist and I am shocked.